Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Significant Snow Risk This Weekend - General Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

similar here, but getting heavier now..although not sure the heavy stuff from Brum will reach here.

Feezing rain zone (according to Rain radar) starting to encroach quite far east now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

I'm on my iPhone and for some reason it doesn't show location... You in Norfolk too?

North Essex, just 20 mins from Cambridge mate.

Posted

Well it all seems to be moving towards Lincs and going southwards, what a massive let down!

Poor forecast from look north for this area especially

I don't hold much hope for the rest of feb especially if this is all it's gonna bring! I say don't bother lol its not worth the hype! :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Best snow event for around 5 years here :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

North Essex, just 20 mins from Cambridge mate.

Aaahh cool, well it's a tad heavier now - the lighter ppn ahead of front is pepping up and currently more so over you than Norfolk but now doing same here! As front moves over then will pep up more for all of us :)

Posted

Yes only just started to lightly snow despite radar showing it has been for an hour! Strange indeed!

Used to see that a lot in the US. When you have very dry air and low dewpoints the radar picks up the increasing moisture higher in the atmosphere. This never actually makes it to the surface as it evaporates in the lower levels which are still much drier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Aaahh cool, well it's a tad heavier now - the lighter ppn ahead of front is pepping up and currently more so over you than Norfolk but now doing same here! As front moves over then will pep up more for all of us :)

Well that is just dandy then :-)

Posted

Used to see that a lot in the US. When you have very dry air and low dewpoints the radar picks up the increasing moisture higher in the atmosphere. This never actually makes it to the surface as it evaporates in the lower levels which are still much drier.

Thanks for that.

Posted

Well it all seems to be moving towards Lincs and going southwards, what a massive let down!

I don't hold much hope for the rest of feb especially if this is all it's gonna bring! I say don't bother lol its not worth the hype! :sorry:

How much you got? We have 8cm which isn't bad, given we was stuck in that bubble for quite a while!

Posted

Best snow event here for a very long time, still hammering it down atm, roughly 8cms at a guess. I think 10cms level snow by the time its all said n done in about an hour

Posted

its still snowing but fairly wet now and as a result its not as deep as about 1 hour ago-would say 4-5cm fell between 1500 and 2030, which is not bad for such a low lying site and a flow that is essentially air moving in from the west or north west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

still big flakes and creaky snow here. 3" now6818920323_a427eed340_z.jpg

Posted

How much you got? We have 8cm which isn't bad, given we was stuck in that bubble for quite a while!

Got around 1-2 cm its nothing compared to what we was due to get 8-10 CM :( I hope i'm wrong and Feb bites back with a proper snowfall!

Posted

so how much did you get then?

Posted

It has been snowing here in West Bridgford since about 3.30 pm. Now have approximately 9 cms on our patio and the snow is still falling. However, much lighter now than earlier. Going to be a great day for the kids tommorrow! We have all been mesmorised watching it fall all evening with the outside lights on!

Posted

Got around 1-2 cm its nothing compared to what we was due to get 8-10 CM :( I hope i'm wrong and Feb bites back with a proper snowfall!

Ah right, bad luck :/ Don't worry to much, we still have a whole month left, which is full of potential!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Best event for the W.Midlands in 5 years. In excess of 10cm.

do agree but preferred Dec 18th 2010 in a way, as tomorrow will be a thaw due to a temporary weak Atlantic drift, where as Dec 18th was cold sub zero for foreseeable future

Posted

Good covering here so far with alot more to come based on the radar. This isn't the damp squid WIB predicted it to be!

It was for many inland areas of the NW though. Anyhow good luck with the snow, i know you didn't fare too well last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Looks like almost 1cm been dumped already in places here in the hour, took an affort to reverse into parking space. just goes to show whats wrong with our country if a car can't cope with 1cm snow.

Yeah, sadly i had to reverse up a kerb and steep ramp, kept slipping...... as road was already icy before snow fell.