Cold?
IGNORED

Sunday 6th June 2004

highcliffe2

Posted

Good to see someone else is getting prepared for a busy day :!:

Adi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

All eyes on the sky today 8)

No activity as yet.. But still quite early :)

COME ON!!!!!!!!!

:-x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Swindon does get them from time to time, but normally they sneek up unexpected, we missed out big time last year around August time with lots of storm activity all around us. :evil:

Posted

It seems very quiet maybe someone will get something tonight but its not looking good here. 8)

Adi

Posted

Just had a few rumbles of thunder to the east. Not sure which was it's going though.

Posted

Are you sure Jackfrost :? Must be a electrical storm as there's nothing on the radar except up in Yorkshire....

...talking of which did anyone see the gigantic clouds in the distance from the cricket at Leeds :?: They were huge and definitely the showers from the radar up there.

Posted

Very little on the radar at 8Pm.

On the most recent Sky News weather the presenter said there had been a lightening strike in "North Hampshire" but I wasn't sure as it could equally have been "Northamptonshire" and it sounded like she fluffed her words. I trusted that any development was more likely for eastern England and the Midlands, so I'd be surprised if it were the former.

It is a very pleasant evening here, just a bit of high cloud at the minute although out to the western horizon I can see some towering cumulonimbus clouds. Just checked again as I finish writing and they are certainly growing.

Posted

No lightening strikes within 60 miles of here, so that was a blatent lie from Sky weather. No strikes here or in "North Hampshire". I only go on the Sky Active weather as it has a reasonable infra red satellite that updates every 30 minutes.

Some lively storms currently just off the Lincolnshire coast. Plenty of strikes. Looks like they are heading off into the southern North Sea now though.

So looks like any thundery activity was on sunday was restricted to the East Riding of Yorkshire and the NE Lincolnshire coast. Interestingly enough York got equal top temperature of the day at 25c and most of the thunderstorms were triggered off just to the east, after teatime.

Perhaps the prospects for the Midlands are better today with top temps of 26-27c expected.