Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Calling All Tour 4 Chasers, Help Needed!

Paul Sherman

Posted

All other 2012 chasers please have a read.

Have Posted this on behalf of Dave Powell who is on Tour 4 this year!

Hi all.

Couple of things: One’s a request to ‘tour 4’ the other is an offer to all

Being a sad photography geek I have decided to try to achieve an associate distinction with the Royal Photographic Society, the main subject being Travel.

To achieve this I have to submit a series of photographs showing a High standard of technical competence, in the given subject. That subject will be the chase this year. Fingers crossed tour four is the best ever seen!

Part of my work will include people, which is where I hope you will all be willing to help as will volunteers. In addition to the spectacular storms and multiple tornados we will see, I need to be able to get some portraits of people in the chasing environment

In order to do this correctly I will need participants to sign a ‘Model Release’ form. (Yes you can be a model to). This allows me to publish and edit the images, obviously not in any detrimental way.

If you are willing please let me know and post an email address where I can send the form, or if you are uncomfortable with this send me a message at dave@lpgphotographic.co.uk and I’ll send one back to you.

As an aside to this I plan to put my images from this year into a photo book with some musings and stories to explain the locations and situation etc. I am more than willing to include anyone else’s images with the stories to go with them. Again to do this correctly I will need clearance from the owner of the image allowing me to edit and publish the images.

Please let me know if you are willing and interested and I can start to figure out how to collate the information.

Obviously it goes without saying that anyone on tour 4 who is a willing victim will be welcome to copies of their portraits. If the book works and there is interest I will see how we can get it published for all interested parties

Cheers in anticipation. Any questions please let me know

Dave Powell

Thanks for your help with this Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Hi Dave

Happy to help

Crashlanding@hotmail.co.uk

Looking forward to it!

Graham

Posted

Word of warning, it's best not include your full email address as spambots pick this up easily rather go something like donald.duckatyahoo.co.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Hi Dave , I've sent a friend request to you on facebook . I think you can send attachments over facebook message so drop the form over to me this way.

Posted

Hi Dave , I've sent a friend request to you on facebook . I think you can send attachments over facebook message so drop the form over to me this way.

Will do thanks. Will have the forms out later today or tomorrow.

Cheers

Posted

Not sure if you really want to photograph me but....no problem :D I'll message you :)