Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Press & Journal headline Wednesday

Massive Floorboard excavation causes earthquake panic.

(wonders what HC is up to this evening.....)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Press & Journal headline Wednesday

Massive Floorboard excavation causes earthquake panic.

(wonders what HC is up to this evening.....)

No rumbles here other than those caused by vague feelings of unease at what's going on at LFC.

Still warm outside. The heating's not been on today, first time this year so I'm celebrating with a few oversized fireworks.oops.gif

Posted

A bit hazier this morn but didn't go below 12C soplant growth fairly phenomenomomenol - eg tomato plants 5cm in 24 hours!!

Posted

hi all - looking to be another nice day here.  MetO changed their minds it seems, though the text forecast sdays risk of the dreaded haar remains for here. I guess it must be very marginal. 17C when I left the house this morning.  beautiful.  Our heating finally off too.  Its been a long stint this year! Some stunning pictures from the Cairngorms - just been having a flick on Winterhighland.  Deep blue skies and deep spring snow.  Would have loved to have made it up but the new wee nipper made it impossible.  Suspect the clock is rapidly ticking - still some good skiing in top bowl today though I see and perhaps for a few days yet at least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

still some good skiing in top bowl today though I see and perhaps for a few days yet at least

Yep, melting very quickly. I noticed changes even between morning and evening. BUT........there's still enormous potential for touring up on top as there's just so much of the stuff there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny but hazy here. Feeling warm [18C]but not as hot as inland.

I see Aviemore looks like the British hotspot so far at currently 25.5C.

Nice photy from Winterhighland of the sunbathers at Loch Morlich with the snowy Cairngorms in the back ground.

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/cairngorm-mountain/morlich.php

Posted

Another smashing day with growth taking off. Prepaing ground for sowing turnips today currently 19c with a cooling breeze coming in from the sea..

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-18176494

A smashing day across many parts of Scotland. Altnaharra the warmest in the UK at 27C. Skiing still possible at the summit of Cairngorm so all in all, great stuff and long may it last.

Posted

Surprised to see the temperature at 15C in Edinburgh, nonetheless in the sunshine it should feel pleasant. I've noticed a sheet of thin, hazy, light cloud to the SE, moving north west and breaking up, leaving blue skies with some clouds. That must be to do with the easterly moving over the North Sea.

Posted

Some showers appearing on the radar and thunder has been reported around bathgate.

Edited by A Scottish Winter's Tale

Posted

Wtf? Bath-gate? Some sort of geriatric aid?rofl.gif

26C in Dingwall, 18C max here. Jolly pleasant. Wondering how to celebrate tonite...drinks.gif oh no, can't be having thatblum.gif

Posted

Lucky Ross! West Lothian is thunderstorm central today :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

I see the Cromdale weather station near Granton-on-Spey reported 28.4c today. It is an official Met O site but does not normally report daily. I think that we will find that it was the warmest in the UK today [but may not be reported until the end of the week].

Posted

Proper tops aff weather..... 26C at lunch. We just missed out on the storm or 3 over Livingston way, heard the distant rumbles.

Posted

Just had a look at the BBC forecast showing widespread overnight showers... do these exist? Clear sky here, radar has shown a very few slight returns over the last hour, bugger all really. Another gripe about forecasts of cloud cover - these are usually so crap they're worthless.

Two animal related tales from today... one was a double sighting of a ferret - 1st time on a mission along the verge, 2nd, returning with a wide-eyed baby rabbit in its mouth, I guess to feed the tiddly ferrets. The other was swallows - nearly got smacked in the face when I took a look in an abandoned steading as they all came bombing out! Anyone else reckon swallow numbers are increasing?

Hey - someone switched off the swear filter. Lorenzo!?

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

What a lovely day! I hope I can get a storm tomorrow, very low risk of it happening though.

post-13901-0-95048500-1337813849_thumb.j

Posted

What a lovely day! I hope I can get a storm tomorrow, very low risk of it happening though.

Great pic there stormeh. It shows the line of clouds to the east and how they fade away, all we got just across from you there was a few clouds passing over but the main stuff was further east. I hope tomorrow is going to be another nice day and I think the activity of showers will be greater.

Posted

morning all.  another day another cracker.  Up to 16C and clear skies.  Would be fin to see a thunderstorm but don't think nay will trick here.  Looking at the radar then there are a few (very) wee but intense blobs that have shown up through the night through spine(north-south) of the country.  Not sure if they are real or not.

Roll on the weekend - always nice when the nice week weather rolls in to weekends!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

No idea about swear filter HC??

Am gutted I missed the sferics and cloudburst action yesterday, saw the remnants , some serious flooding going on.

Very warm today already and the hp filling out with warm air to peak before cooling over the weekend.

More potential for thunder cells today.. Not at work so tanning then storms. Weather perfection.

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

haar wall tried to approach a short while ago.  Wish I took a picture now - quite a distinct "solid" white wall reached about 50m in to the harbour.  Just looked out now and as if it never happened and sunny and clear.  Normally see patchy stuff rolling in but this was a very distinct line.