Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase Day 10 Discussion - Ks/ok/ne Slight Risk

Paul Sherman

Posted

Last chase day for Tour 2 looks like as always will go out with a bang. A decent dryline play in Central Kansas and Oklahoma Panhandle today to round things off. Have to get the guys back to DFW For 1pm Sunday so will always be playing the Southern end of the line, SPC Go with a 5% Tornado Risk and mitigating factor will be the High Temp / Dewpoint spread. One thing in our favour is the quick route south on I135 - I35 Down towards DFW Later.

Wish us luck.

Btw on day 9 we went to Hutchinson to watch Tornado Alley at the IMAX Cosmosphere which was excellent, we followed this with Beers and Pizza at a Farm in Kansas with my adopted family near Mcpherson, Darrel and Kirstie were great hosts and got the guns out for us to have a shooting session as well.

post-24-0-09642000-1337408659_thumb.jpg - Old Deserted Farmhouse near Lyons (Kansas)

post-24-0-75160600-1337408798_thumb.jpg - Dave with AK47 Shooting the Fish

post-24-0-35484300-1337408854_thumb.jpg - My New Kansas Farm Family near Mcpherson

Posted

Vis sat show some turbulence already, today looking good on the SPC already out there. Good positioning right now, some activity to the eastern end of Kansas.

Fingers crossed it pulls together for a great last day of the tour.

Early analysis shows CAPE good in the central Kansas area.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Couple of vids of us shooting guns!

Enjoy!

Posted

Glad you all enjoyed the screening, got to shoot another .22 handgun this morning! Good luck today and will see ya tomorrow :D

Posted

Loved the shooting vids, esp the bolt action recoil! Was that a 303 lee enfield?

Also just noticed the car pin as a GPS marker................great stuff cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

has the stream stopped working? i cant seem to play it

Posted

As always out there, the signal will drop out sometimes as they're streaming through mobile internet, it's back up now.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Tcu going up now on the stream, shouldn't be long until they have something to chase hopefully ...

Posted

I was on the KS supercell from when it was just a towering Cu. Our plan was always to drop south to get the same storms that you were targeting near Woodward - However a mesoscale accident occured that created a landspout fest with in the end resulting in a supercell tornado that was on the ground for 18 mins. I was quite far from it - about 5 miles. In the end I saw 5 tornadoes from this event.

Posted

Mesoscale Accident Indeed - Lolz good for you though, we had to play the Southern Risk near Woodward to get back to DFW For early morning, pay off was Structure Heaven and a distant Possible Tornado (Have to check screen grabs) Lost count of funnels spotted. Kick in the teeth was lunch in Pratt and had we not needed to do the airport run a chase target between Mcpherson and Pratt - Ho Hum you win some and you lose some I guess!

Paul S

Posted

Is it possible to watch the stream on an iPad? Don't seem to be able to get anything?

Andy you have to thank Steve Jobs for that (R.I.P.) he was adamant that Apple devices were better than using flash, through their use of good html coding.

Although I did hear that they might well be looking at including flash at some point, although they still claim html5 will remove the need for flash completely.

Posted

Mesoscale Accident Indeed - Lolz good for you though, we had to play the Southern Risk near Woodward to get back to DFW For early morning, pay off was Structure Heaven and a distant Possible Tornado (Have to check screen grabs) Lost count of funnels spotted. Kick in the teeth was lunch in Pratt and had we not needed to do the airport run a chase target between Mcpherson and Pratt - Ho Hum you win some and you lose some I guess!

Paul S

Paul, don't feel bad, there were only 25 reports of Tornado's in the Kingman county area yesterday (E of Pratt & west of Wichita)sorry.gif

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

The supercell torndao has been rated EF3 - that is actually significant!

http://www.crh.noaa....=83274&source=0

Image of the EF3 as it passed through the Wind Farm North of Harper, KS

Also one on the many landspout tornadoes that form that day - this was south west of Pritty Prairie, KS

post-9322-0-81166500-1337658996_thumb.jp

post-9322-0-81385200-1337659066_thumb.jp