Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Highest Ever Humidex In The U.k?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I been thinking recently, what is the highest ever humidex recorded in the U.K, anyone know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

i didn't know the humidex index was used widely in the UK? I have never seen it a UK forecast..it is used in North America on most forecast during the summer months.

Posted
The humidex is an index number used by Canadian meteorologists to describe how hot the weather feels to the average person

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidex

Not widely used in this country and I think you only really see it on individual websites where they are using US based equipment and software. My local official site running Weather Display Live, displays a heat index which is described as:

How hot it actually feels. Calculated by combining heat and humidity. Only effective above 17°C/63°F

As we already have a similar thread running, can I direct folk here to carry on the conversation please?

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/73362-whats-on-the-thermometer-and-what-you-actually-feel/