Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Winds really ramping up here in Alloa (where I work), I live in Fife. Gusts up to 30mph! lots of high cloud coming in ahead of the front later. Its really got a tropical feel its so warm and humid! Hoping for some pyrotechnics later with a bit of luck although would be hard pushed to beet yesterdays storms in the central belt.

Ah ha, the ancient Scottish tradition of hurling neeps into thunder clouds returns!sorry.gif Fascinating Aida was funny!clapping.gif

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves, extreme weather

Nice satelite pic posted by Matt Hugo on Twitter, nice overlay by Netweather!

https://twitter.com/MattHugo81/status/235740094114459648/photo/1/large

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Not £199 for the toilet then, or a £1 discount if you can defecate without leaving your seat? I spend most flights in prayer ph34r.png so toilets don't usually matter!

That band of rain has a pretty intense narrow second wave following on... or is that following through - a Ryanair Convective Toilet Scritter wacko.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Have you seen the Dundee satelite photo from earlier on, very impressive. Very gusty winds now here in Alloa, temperature just rose 4degrees in the last few hours and humidity at 96%

https://twitter.com/...4/photo/1/large

Hi MM and welcome! No I hadn't seen the sat pic and you are right it does look impressive. Rain today radar does also. If that doesn't break up on the hills, then we are in for a very wet evening methinks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Wipers on setting one on the approach to soutra. Some fair gusts of wind too.

Wipers on setting 2 as I got to Lauder.

Wipers on the setting where you can't help but feel they might actually fly off given the speed they're crashing back and forth at by the time I arrived at fort SS.

The short distance from the car to the back door seemed like an eternity without an umbrella to hand. I'm sure it was all in slow motion, especially the bit where I struggled with the gate due to having shopping bags in each hand. Absolutely hammering down.

Posted

Just back from the North side of the Weeg, and it's fair hurling it doon there. Back in bonny Bonnybridge and it's just light steady rain with some beefy gusts of wind.

looking at radar, some hefty intense pulses about to arrive.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

Sounds like a bit of a challenge for Moses tonight then, SS. Might have to make him a sort of Gandalf/Moses half-breed to nail the parting.

Still warm and almost sunny here although not as warm as earlier and a bit breezier too.

Posted

Very heavy rain here!

Hit us. Must be a squall coming through or something

Posted

Just had the squall line pass through here about 10 mins ago , intense rainfall and the sky went pitch black..no thunder or lightning unfortunatley. :(

Posted

Hit us. Must be a squall coming through or something

Yeah, the radar suggests it was a squall. TV stopped working and the skies looked really black before we had really heavy rain for a minute and then it cleared. The radar suggests that you wouldn't bet against another landslide at the Rest and be Thanful.

Posted

Here it comes now! WOW!

and......................there it goes. That was a anticlimax

Edited by NUT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Well it started here at half five and its still hammering down now!

Posted

Still dry and windy .Lawns continuing to burn up and barley will probably be ripe before the end of August if this heat keeps up and not the middle of September which I was convinced of only a couple of weeks ago. Currently 18c. A nice night for a family walk along the beach at Findhorn with a warm off shore wind.

Posted

A nice night for a family walk along the beach at Findhorn with a warm off shore wind.

My favourite beach anywhere, stunning views and a great walk.The seals are a giggle to. Great fresh fish at the Crown and Anchor. Sat in there a few sunny afternoons with the dog and a plate of Lagoustine, mmmmmmmmmmm

Posted

Moses has been caught napping, we have.... ta DAAAA! light, warm rain... Pfff.

Will have to try the Crown & Anchor. My father, grandpa and previous generations lived or stayed with family on farms near there since records began; I have photo of my grandpa fishing with a rod at Findhorn...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves, extreme weather

Hi MM and welcome! No I hadn't seen the sat pic and you are right it does look impressive. Rain today radar does also. If that doesn't break up on the hills, then we are in for a very wet evening methinks!

Well it lashed down in Glencraig for a few hours but i dont think we got the sqaulls others had. Went to bed about 11pm and it was all about over, sad we didnt get any thunder or lightening but there is time this year yet! Prospects are that we may get the tail end of Gordon that has just formed today, if it can keep it up that is!

Edited by Michael Mcnaughton

Posted

Moses has been caught napping, we have.... ta DAAAA! light, warm rain... Pfff.

Will have to try the Crown & Anchor. My father, grandpa and previous generations lived or stayed with family on farms near there since records began; I have photo of my grandpa fishing with a rod at Findhorn...

I recommend Dulsie Bridge as a great place for a picnic and swim if you're brave enough.

nurnshire2.jpg

Crosses the findhorn about halfway between Grantown and Nairn - old military road.

Dulsie, Highland IV12

Posted

I recommend Dulsie Bridge as a great place for a picnic and swim if you're brave enough.

nurnshire2.jpg

Crosses the findhorn about halfway between Grantown and Nairn - old military road.

Dulsie, Highland IV12

Ther is a video on Youtube of some youngsters diving off Dulsie Bridge Good Luck to them

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

23C & partly sunny now, feels quite muggy this morning as there's little breeze. Jolly pleasant late summer days, these: almost making up for the crap earlier on.

Posted

Ther is a video on Youtube of some youngsters diving off Dulsie Bridge Good Luck to them

Jumped off the old bridge in Carrbridge many a time when I was young and carefree.

To feart for Dulsie...unsure.png

Grey here, mild. Preferable to pish.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Just had a short storm here

Aye, it was quite intense "apparently"...... I missed it as in A&E with a damaged eye, bloody ornamental twigs!!!