Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forecaster Bashing/defending Thread

bobbydog

Posted

after the many (tedious) posts in the winter thread about Joe B, Madden, Piers, Mark Vogan and such like, i though i would start this thread so people can voice their opinions on how they performed last year, this year or any other year.

usual rules apply- fire away......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

I would like to defend James Madden, his winter forecast for winter 2009 and 10 were correct, so where his forecast for Summer 2012 blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'd like to praise all those who, when they get it wrong, put up their hands and admit it...I'll bash those who'd rather try to pigeon-hole the actual weather to fit their forecasts, or, worse still, rewrite their forecasts, on an ad hoc basis, two or three times a week!

Posted

When supporters of any forecaster say they were right in 19xx or 20yy could you please give a link to that forecast so we can all see how right they were please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

I would like to defend James Madden, his winter forecast for winter 2009 and 10 were correct, so where his forecast for Summer 2012 blum.gif

His forecast for summer did seem to be largely correct, however his winter forecast last year was wrong. It doesnt matter if he gets it wrong, but not admitting so, and then trying to find any shred of evidence to prove he was right, really annoys me.

Vogan's ideas are good, and I am supportive of the effort he's going to, but I am dissapointed he's now charging £33 a year to view his website, especially, when last year he kept calling for a brutal winter, and even believed a week before xmas that it could snow on xmas eve (when all forecasts/mdels were pointing to mild/wet/windy)! He then kept changing his mind about when we would see snow, and kept calling it every 2 weeks until it finally did in February. Unfortunaly I cant provide a link to this as I refuse to pay that much to access inaccurate LRFs or shortrange forecasts I can view on the MO website for free.

Posted

Sorry, but I don't think a thread specifically for 'forecaster bashing is the way forward. Opinions on forecasts / forecasters within the bounds of a relevant discussion are one thing but i see no good coming from this.

Paul