Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted

The Snow and Cold can wait....there's nowhere dry enough for snow to settle.

Surface moisture levels are irrelevant - snow will settle on wet surfaces if it's cold enough, conversely it will melt on DRY surfaces if it's not cold enough.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

lovely bright day here sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Think I'll put a bet on "when the first hosepipe ban of 2013 will come into force"! That should be worth a bob or two, haha

woody

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

30mm since midnight, 11mm past 4 hours, reports of serious flooding in SE Wales on Twitter, getting to the stage that this will become more serious in other parts of Wales through this evening.

Posted

still tipping down here.. its rained all day long just looked at the flood alerts and not supposed to be any flooding here, the river in pontyclun is just about ready to burst its banks same as the one in talbot green wish this rain would stop now had enough..

anyone know when all the rain will let up????

still tipping down here.. its rained all day long just looked at the flood alerts and not supposed to be any flooding here, the river in pontyclun is just about ready to burst its banks same as the one in talbot green wish this rain would stop now had enough..

anyone know when all the rain will let up????

Not for a while, more rain on Sunday night and Christmas eve and more heavy rain through next week. A break tonight and tomorrow at least.

Posted

worst conditions I have ever seen around here, we emptied our log bin last night at about 12.30 in the morn and just went out to measure it and there is 4 inches of water in there and it is not right out the garden its right by back door so would have thought it be slightly protected, this rain is just nuts. rain rain go away and don't come back until we ask.. glad I live right up here and not down the low areas by the river. I think if we did have another 4 to 5 hrs of heavy rain it will go over a bridge here as it has been touching it for the last hr.

Posted

Wet here.

Fingers crossed that 2013 starts on a dry note and stays that way.

We will beat rainfall totals in S Wales Clydach flooded out more to come no high pressure insight ,A most unwanted rainfall record on the way!!!

Posted

A wet one today!

post-2595-0-15989500-1356211649_thumb.jp

Posted

A wet one today!

post-2595-0-15989500-1356211649_thumb.jp

Tony when is that for? tonight ? now? tommor? its quite scary now to be honest. never ever have I seen it like this around here. I keep saying no more rain please but it just seems to be getting worse and worse. I heard on the tv weather that tonight was going to be dry and then rain tommor and dry xmas eve.fingers crossed we have a break.

Posted

Past 24 hours

Posted

just went out the back door and it is still hammering down,i wonder what it is like further down the valley and towards bridgend now? I saw pictures on facebook a few hrs ago and if Bridgend had not had put them flood defence in a few years ago bridgend would be under water right now,even with the defence it only about 2 feet from the top.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well here in Bridgend there has been a stupid amount of rain, if I wasn't on a slight hill, I would more than likely be flooded now with all this constant rain the last few day!! Sometime soon this has to stop! If only all this had been snow!!

Posted

Wow, all our local roads from magor to caldicot amd to chepstow all closed tonight due to flooding including the m48 chepstow. fingers crossed it improves soon.

Posted

Just went out to take some fotos of the brook here as its near high and in a state of flood , so there i was taking foto's and there was 2 coppers by the lane , which i thought were stoping cars and as it's the festive period were stopping them and seeing if they were drinking under the influence of booze , lol and behold he came over to me and ask what i was doing , i said taking fotos of the brook in flood and also i am a weather geek , i asked what are you both doing , stopping cars , nope his reply was we went through the lane and our (unmarked car) has broken down ....so i did try and jump start there car with jumpers but nah , so they are waiting now for breakdown to arrive ..

anyway just to say wind at times is howling here and ...yep it's still fooking Raining , i hate the site of it now and please i just want a HP , without snow , just sunshine and crisp days (chuck in the hoarse frost though ) .. night all xlazy.gif

Thankfully much drier this morning. Hopefully as well further rains will not be pinpointed on us, as has been the case over the past couple of days. (as rainfall totals show)

May I wish everyone on this thread a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Also given current conditions safe travelling if you are going back to see relatives.

Edited by Jackone

Posted

A look at the weather for the Festive period:

http://forum.netweat...d-the-midlands/

Edited by TonyH