Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I'd agree with that blum.gif

On the NW radar it shows a sudden cut off of the green blob to our east..but it looks odd tease.gif

All the radars seem to show Herts area less intense than nearby to N and S but with a sharp cut off - I think this is an artefact of the radar system. If you look closely you can see that we have the same pattern of heavy/light as to the N and S just ours is all one shade lighter.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest archiesmummy

Gosh its depressing on the London thread, I hate it when Kent doesn't get snow, its like the end of the world!

Got lovely covering of snow here, least an inch, we must just be well placed in this part of Essex!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Nothing more than snizzle here, the settlement of which can just about be made out where there are wind obstructions - i.e. there is very little.

This doesn't surprise me though, as the NMM model just doesn't show a major snowfall for a lot of us for the start of this weekend and it hasn't done at all, while it's been in range. I'd love it to be incorrect, don't get me wrong. That's not to say it's not too late for us to get a reasonable snowfall before tomorrow morning, but it's unlikely to be too memorable imho.

I'll also await the update in a couple of hours with interest, to see what it shows for Sunday morning. smile.png

yes I'm looking forward to that as well got a good amount today but be great if I got more tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Fair play to the Met Office from my point of view. When they issued the amber warning yesterday. It had my location just outside of it. Today has been bang on from that perspective. If you look at my location on the radar, it has I would say been 10-20 miles away from more favourable conditions. I have basically 1cm maybe heading towards 1.5cm. I bet those just to my West, SW and even NW would have done better today so far.

erm snow for me from 9 amsearch.gifsearch.gif

Posted

Just over 10cm /4" here, small village on the outskirts of Aylesbury.

How do we know that you haven't cut the first 9cm off your tape measure?

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Still snowing here in the center of MK, almost 10cm on the grass. Been snowing for 6hrs now & still coming down good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Band of snow weakening dramatically now, whoever lives in the Extreme East then the next stop is some showery activity or Sunday unfortunately.

Posted

0.0mm here in SE Essex.

Congrats to all those that have the white stuff.

Massive bust down here though, again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Band of snow weakening dramatically now, whoever lives in the Extreme East then the next stop is some showery activity or Sunday unfortunately.

yeh noticed its all breaking up now,only for me i do have a green patch about to go over me.what will happen to that far south stuff though,if this rotary thing happens?

Posted

I've also had 2 inches here.

peanut-butter-and-apple-butter-sandwich-3.jpg

Posted

Moving onto Sunday and the next band of potentially heavier snow will arrive from the SE.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/18/basis12/ukuk/prty/13012012_1812.gif

Like the 06Z GFS the 12Z NAE has moved further W and will include all areas in this region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A bit more than that possibly… I saved a fax last night which had a nice little front making a direct hit on the region on Sunday. Perhaps TEITS could tell us whether it'll still feature?

post-8078-0-44138900-1358522463_thumb.gi

Posted

I feared it might be light out here but I didn't expect nothing at all.

After yesterday, it's difficult not to feel hugely let-down by the forecasting of this. Even late last night NAE had moderately heavy snow for this part of Essex from about now right through to the early hours. I haven't dipped into the other regional forecasts but I suspect there are many who had realistic expectations of a fairly severe event thanks to the forecasts and modelling but are now wondering what the fuss was about.

Posted

A bit more than that possibly… I saved a fax last night which had a nice little front making a direct hit on the region on Sunday. Perhaps TEITS could tell us whether it'll still feature?

I said that that Sunday was the step stop for snow :p

Posted

erm snow for me from 9 amsearch.gifsearch.gif

Not quite sure what you mean in reply.

To me the Met Office were bang on in the amber warning area they had covered. They basically said the heavier snow would not quite reach my locaton and that was true. Been light snow here pretty much since 9.50am, about 1.5cm here possibly 2cm at a push.

Posted

Sorry to be a pain in the backside TEITS, regarding Sunday snow do you think the 12z maybe pushing it to far west the reason I'm asking is an update for yellow warning was issued for Peterborough , Cambridge , all coastal regions nothing west or north of Cambridge or south west of east anglia.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

This radar is awful its over me but not a flake OR water droplet to be seen!

I mean look!!

408934fa9af06eb3610ed655d5c75f8c.png

Anyone one reporting snow anywhere here?

Edited by SN0WM4N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Well...quite an eventful journey back from Hatfield! Having gained kudo for rtelling people to watch out for friday at the start of the week, I was trying to then play down how much we'd get, thinking it was going west all the time. But it's ended up pleasantly surprising me.

Hammer....judging by your reaction, I'd say the boundary between dusting and decent must have been between us!

Posted

Still snowing here, still only have around 1cm to show for it, literally down the road in MK they have had inches of the stuff. Fine margins and unfortunately there are winners and losers. Hopefully Sunday's event will turn out better for those that missed out today.

Edited by scottyuk