Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Something falling here in brentford, like a fine drizzle snizzle. Sky is grey.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

i would put the chances of sleet in Southend at no more than 10 percent

after the disappointment of missing out yesterday, i can kind of understand your pessimism but there is

nothing in the projected forecast at all which we lead me to believe that we will get anything other than snow

Hope so Jayni.

I think the desperation is turning into panic IMBY!

What we don't want to see IMBY is a correction west of the low. That would be a disaster. Very little margin for error out here.

Those more than say 5 miles inland will be fine regardless.

Posted

Bitter past experiences mate. Plus it is getting desperate for the eastern contingent and panic is setting in.

I don't think I've faired much better. I was relieved to see a light covering yesterday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Ok HW,

Let Lauren know and I'll update list tonight when I get back from work. Also, both of you need to measure your depths at 6.00 p.m today please and post totals, no Kentimetres please!laugh.png

I'm predicting Halling to win that one more rural and further from coast goodluck Strood as my mum lives there and loves a bit of snow;-)

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Not happy that tomorrows event could be sleety rain for me,I really hope for a good snowfall.

There should be no problem with tomorrow - I posted some NAE charts a couple of pages back which show snow and freezing temperatures. Its from Monday and thereafter where things are less favourable in general

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

Are the rumours true? Are we due more this afternoon? Don't wants get my hopes up AGAIN only to be be let down AGAIN.

Can anyone explain this protective bubble or shield erected round Medway yesterday? How did all areas in every direction get hit and us not? I'm starting to take things personally.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Morning boys n girls - gotta laugh or ill cry my poor little man is wearing his new snow suit and is playing out the front in a 0mm icing sugar dusting he asked if we could go sledging later errrrrr so come on mr snow from the south of Sunday just one small request to see my boy smiling again just one big big heavy downpour then you can jog on and let spring commence!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow . . . . and lots of it

Hope so Jayni.

I think the desperation is turning into panic IMBY!

What we don't want to see IMBY is a correction west of the low. That would be a disaster. Very little margin for error out here.

Those more than say 5 miles inland will be fine regardless.

well . . . i am in Eastwood . . . Thames 2.5 miles to the South . . . Crouch 4.5 miles to the North and the Foulness coast 9 miles to my east

i'm not worrying yet :D

Posted

2m Temps for tmw morning as the low enters the UK....Cold

24-778.GIF?19-6

Lunchtime

30-778.GIF?19-6

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Same as my boy cat, absolutely loves the stuff but he is only 2 yrs old, went out to inspect the 2mm of snow and starting trying to make a snowball and then pounce on it, poor thing could not even muster a thimble sized snowball to enjoy! Mwahaha

Yes no problems whatsoever, only problem is will you be too far west, but no problems if precip hit StAlbans

is it looking like ill be too far west lots of different opinions on here, some saying the 12z will take it more west and others saying it will go east. whats the most probable in this situation??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I think today (fwiw!) I'm in the sweet spot for this persistent streamer snizzle its been going on around 2hours now and signs of it slowly getting heavier infact albeit light still and small flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

2m Temps for tmw morning as the low enters the UK

24-778.GIF?19-6

I don't think the GFS temperature (or ppn) guides are reliable - in this regard i prefer the NAE. For example, GFS suggested 1C for here yesterday when it was clearly below freezing

Posted

I am in our loft and I keep hearing HUGE crunching and sliding sounds as yesterday's 7cm of snow comes crashing off the roof! It's all very melty murky and ugly round here this morning

Posted
I'm predicting Halling to win that one more rural and further from coast goodluck Strood as my mum lives there and loves a bit of snow;-)

I dunno. Strood has always done better than here, especially up Darnley Road way, / Leisure Centre or towards Wainscott. Just a tiny bit of elevation.

You probably could not get any lower than me as I am so close to the river. Which also ( I think) raises the temp up around here by 1/4 maybe 1/2 a degree, depending on the tide of course (Volume of salt water??)

So I'd back strood.

However, I'm not laying anything cashwise, the the M word is going to prevail, buts here's hoping not!

Posted

There are several roofs remarkably free of snow around here. Lack of insulation or rather more nefarious activities going on in those lofts? tease.gifph34r.png

CD

Posted

I don't think the GFS temperature (or ppn) guides are reliable - in this regard i prefer the NAE. For example, GFS suggested 1C for here yesterday when it was clearly below freezing

I normally use these high res ones....mind you then we can expect something bit more colder tnan this then...ill take thatsmile.png ....ill have a look at NAE...Cheers Tamara.

Posted

2m Temps for tmw morning as the low enters the UK....Cold

24-778.GIF?19-6

Lunchtime

30-778.GIF?19-6

Not making me feel any better mate, lol!

1c/2c on the coasts...

Dews around 0/-1c

Mild sector of 850's over the Dutch/Belgium coast.

Incredibly IMBY of course. But I am getting desperate!

Posted

Anyone know how much snow there has been in Epping?, Ive got an important game to be played out :)

Hi, just up the road from Epping, we have around 6cm main roads are clear

Posted

well . . . i am in Eastwood . . . Thames 2.5 miles to the South . . . Crouch 4.5 miles to the North and the Foulness coast 9 miles to my east

i'm not worrying yet biggrin.png

Yay, used to live there, off Whitehouse Road, kids went to Heycroft!!

CD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Still lookin nice n snowy outside here in Epsom, I'm not sure exactly when it fell but def had some more late arvo/eve cos the table outside is covered again which was scraped clean of snow when playing yesterday!

I'm a bit confused by some posts tgis morn and dont have time to read back ppaaaaaaages (kids wanna get out on sledges again!) so what's happening in Surrey for snow tomorrow?! Looks good but poss marginal? Do I believe tv weather forecasts?! If so, any estimations on inch-age?

Thanku!x