Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 08/02/13 00z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

It will swing back South once the Low pressure moves to the South of the UK overnight and tomorrow as a much weakened feature.

Ok , but I thought there was another feature developing over us as the night goes on?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

we must be on the other side (only about 30 miles or so ENE of you) as it's quite a gusty SEerly currently, some moderate ppn moving back towards the swindon/north east Wilts region, NMM projected ppn type overlay shows it as distinctly wintry

Wet snow back to sleety rain here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

temperature creeping lower but a long way to go yet.

4.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

The strange thing is temperatures have fallen back more quickly on the Western side of the front now that winds have swung WNW. Now 5.2C from 5.8C half hour ago. It goes to show even the NW flow on the Western flank of this Low are far from mild.

Posted

The strange thing is temperatures have fallen back more quickly on the Western side of the front now that winds have swung WNW. Now 5.2C from 5.8C half hour ago. It goes to show even the NW flow on the Western flank of this Low are far from mild.

When do you think the temperatures will really start to fall and become marginal for snow chances to start popping up in this area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

When do you think the temperatures will really start to fall and become marginal for snow chances to start popping up in this area?

Now there's a question. My own feeling is that winds will turn Easterly overnight and from that point on is when temperatures and dew points become more favourable for snow. This is most likely after midnight and are better for you than me though I don't think either of us need get too excited as by then the precipitation will of probably become much lighter and no troublesome, but that's just my theory and could be wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Temp now at 5.2c, dp 4.9c Everything completely saturated, basically continuous rain of varying intensity.

Posted

Anyone seen the US blizzard Youtube post on Ian F's twitter account.

Cool - it compresses 36 hours into 2 mins+ in a street in new york. Worth a watch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

Late December I would think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

ROFL, now THAT's positive thinking for yah

Lol, it is for me - I'm ready for things to start warming up now! Always about this time of year I start to look forward to Mid/Late March and the first signs of some decent warmth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Was it wet snow or powder that they had in new york? We can work out rainfall amounts then from that. Also bad news for them another low coming in hut bring a lot of rain, this will surely give them disatrous conditions as snow melt will be quickened by this.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

2.1C and rain so heavy there are red echoes on the radar. Couldn't even get green echoes when we had snowfall that Friday back in January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For those of you wondering about the timeframes of when we could see the possibility of rain turning to snow, I found the following post from earlier to be very useful. good.gif

http://forum.netweat...60#entry2597439

Bear in mind, the above situation has changed somewhat but if you broadly follow the Thickness charts, you won't go far wrong. Also, of note fergieweather hinted at the first signs to start occuring around 9 to 10pm in my part of the region and elsewhere, it would that little bit later still, aside from those at elevation. drinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Rain,Rain and more Rain!!!! Oh what fun........Not! My cousin lives in New Jersey and they have had 8.5ins of Snow,looks so nice.

Posted

temperature continues to creep down 4.1c

baby steps... good.gif