Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 10/02/13 17z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

started up again here to this is turning into a nice event

Posted

This is hard work tonight, probably got 2-4cm on grass, about 1cm on 'non drifted' surfaces. It is now settling fine on the roads and paths.

Similar story here.

But great to hear the band is intensifying as it pivots. Indeed, the radar picks this up very well.

The night is still young!

Posted

As it pivot will it push nw . We in stoke are right on the edge of the ppn with the heavier stuff south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Still nothing sticking here. I am not expecting anything to stick now, its still wet. Oh well, i had lots in January so its somebody elses turn.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

seems quite a local event, drove from mine to wombourne and hardly any snow like 5 miles away, it was like sleet in the air and hardly and drips off roofs, then drove back just and a good 5cms or so and still going slightly - roads are not the best either. Dosent look too good for the next few hours on the current radars, however models suggest another bang of heavier falls during the night so will have to wait and see.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just got the train up from London to East Midlands Parkway... From what I could see, heaviest snow was around the Luton area. The closer to the East Midlands I got the wetter things looked. The roads and pavements are completely clear, with the last white platform being Kettering.

Really, I'm surprised I've not had a text from my brother in Luton and some snowy pics. I can usually rely on him to keep me posted on whats happening down tere lol

Posted

Has anyone just seen a flash of lightning around the Solihull area, having a fag at the back door, not really paying attention and swear I seem one

I saw a flash out the back window a short while ago, facing towards Wolverhampton from here in Sedgley. Noticed a few couple of weeks back when we had snow all day Sunday (when there was no storm) so thinking it could be flashes from train lines due to the snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Still coming down nicely here.

Started giving a dusting to roads and paths.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

What a let down this snow event came to be! Been in West Yorkshire all day where it has been snowing all day, although not great snow, drive back with slushy snow settling everywhere, come off the M1 head towards Notts and there isn't any snow to be seen anywhere!!! Typical! 😟

Posted

Still nothing sticking here. I am not expecting anything to stick now, its still wet. Oh well, i had lots in January so its somebody elses turn.

And yet less than a mile away (admittedly on slightly higher ground) the road is covered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Decent cover and snowing hard

Posted
:) Just had an epic drive from Worcester to Droitwich! Just drizzle in S Worcester but heading north I hit it. Massive flakes sticking to the soaked roads and bad visibility. Luckily I was the only one on the roads which haven't been gritted. Still coming down nicely but its amazing that only 7 miles south there is nothing..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,storms and sunshine!!!

I want to know where that heavy band to the North West of London is Heading

It looks as if the ppn is spreading up the M40 and across the M4 corridor and making a pincer movement on the Mids!!

Posted

Really, I'm surprised I've not had a text from my brother in Luton and some snowy pics. I can usually rely on him to keep me posted on whats happening down tere lol

Yeah, was very hit and miss down there, but it's where I saw the heaviest snow and covered roads. Everything around Leicester just look wet. As others are saying, I do think things are very localised!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

coming down heavy again now added another cm

Posted

banbury - redditch i reckon

You could be correct, i hope the East flank of it keeps pepping up, could give me a direct hit.

It looks as if the ppn is spreading up the M40 and across the M4 corridor and making a pincer movement on the Mids!!

Cheers.

Posted

This light stuff needs to do one, its turning the existing cover slushy and causing it to disappear from some concrete. Weve only 1cm max so cant afford much melting. We need either the heavy stuff back or a clearance and temp drop- fast.