South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 24/2/13 17z ---->

A.J

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

i dont really have anything to say, but just posted elsewhere on the forum and realised my post count had hit an evil number (!) so i'm posting this to make it 667!

phew that was close!!

Posted

Getting the sun here finally, but it's a struggle akin to wringing out a wet tea towel using your toes!

There's quite a biting wind here in Benny Hill though, which hopefully will help dry out some of the still sodden gardens and countryside.

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yes, sorry about that, I've not been well recently.....f020.gif

post-10773-0-64637200-1361972728_thumb.j

Sun is out here at last...nice to see some blue sky, just a shame I'm working now and can't get outside to enjoy it !

Posted

Im still gutted at having to pull out of the MK pre-christmas meet-up, a team of wild horses would struggle to keep me away from a Netweather Eastbourne Beach BBQ. It could form part of the 10th Anniversary Celebrations.

My eyes are still hurting from the briefest of glimpses of the sun here this morning, so Im not sure how they would cope with 'The Sunshine Coast'. Im willing to give it a try though !!

Hope all is well with JP

Posted

Im still gutted at having to pull out of the MK pre-christmas meet-up, a team of wild horses would struggle to keep me away from a Netweather Eastbourne Beach BBQ. It could form part of the 10th Anniversary Celebrations.

Well I need to give it some thought and liaise with people here and on the team. Can't promise anything at this point but you are only a few yards from some very good and well priced accommodation!

panorma665.jpg

I'll have to check if, where and when you can light BBQ's on the beach to start with, as otherwise it might be a buffet.....

Edit - looks OK! http://www.eastbourn...each-barbecues/ (max 20 people though....)

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Well I need to give it some thought and liaise with people here and on the team. Can't promise anything at this point but you are only a few yards from some very good and well priced accommodation!

panorma665.jpg

I'll have to check if, where and when you can light BBQ's on the beach to start with, as otherwise it might be a buffet.....

Edit - looks OK! http://www.eastbourn...each-barbecues/ (max 20 people though....)

I'm wondering whether we could also do an earlier meet up too; maybe May time? Probably not a barbecue, as cold weather more likely then, but it might be a good way to start the summer?

Maybe stay in a town with lots of attractions, with nice countryside around it, so there are things to do for all.

Edited by Steve C

Posted

hi all

thankyou to everyone for your kind messages of support

your all great people

yesterday was a very sad day but a great tribute to my father and i am sure he would be very proud

saw lots of family members who we only saw 3 weeks ago for my uncles funeral

so we have decided to arrange a party for my dads 70th in may so we can all get together

for a celebration and not a funeral

i will be back on later but thought i would leave you with this

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2013/02/27/arctic-blast-to-last-through-march-bookies-slash-odds-on-white-easter/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl10%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D158247 rofl.gif

Posted

Well Im on a roll now with all this talk of a Summer Beach BBQ meet up. In the process of looking at transport options to get us all there now.

post-10628-0-42297200-1361977435_thumb.j

post-10628-0-35062500-1361977556_thumb.j

post-10628-0-70738000-1361977614_thumb.j

post-10628-0-54043800-1361977780_thumb.j

post-10628-0-28345700-1361977873_thumb.j

Beer and wine delivery vehicle sorted, though it may not be big enough:

post-10628-0-82406100-1361978015_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm wondering whether we could also do an earlier meet up too; maybe May time? Probably not a barbecue, as cold weather more likely then, but it might be a good way to start the summer?

Sounds like a great idea - especially as I might not be able to make it to Eastbourne in August if it clashes with my holibobs !

Maybe stay in a town with lots of attractions, with nice countryside around it, so there's things to do for all.

Milton Keynes ?

.......... maybe not....I think all the roundabouts would be a bit too much for Perfect Storm to cope with again laugh.png

Posted

Hopefully with the Mods and Forum Hosts permission, I would like to add a few more suggestions hi.gif

Forget firelighters, I think we should start the lighting of the BBQ ceremony here:

post-10628-0-60685700-1361978764_thumb.j

But perhaps with one of these on standby just in case things get out of hand:

post-10628-0-82877700-1361978927_thumb.j

Especially after we have set off a few of these:

post-10628-0-67435100-1361979132_thumb.j

Because I would hate to see it end like this cray.gif

post-10628-0-49608200-1361979251_thumb.j

Posted

Maybe stay in a town with lots of attractions, with nice countryside around it, so there are things to do for all.

That rules me out then. rofl.gif

Guest archiesmummy

Lovely sunshine afternoon here, went to the park for half hour but you could still feel was February!

Love that chart John, hope your March prediction stays true! Was thinking of you yesterday, will PM you later x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Sorry, what is the Bom? unsure.png

Australian model I believe or Brazilian one of the two

Posted

Well after a cloudy and drizzly start to the day, the cloud began to break up late morning leading to a wonderful sunny afternoon! Felt pleasant to be in the sun with a max temperature of 6.4C. Hopefully some more sunshine tomorrow but unfortunately full cloud cover returning for Friday and into the weekend.

Hope all went well for you yesterday, John. :)

Posted

Have changed my iPhone to full view and under my number of posts it has 0 warning points.

Is it 3 strikes and you're out

It would be, but you'd have to really do some bad stuff for that!! (please don't test the system though) :)