Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New Northern Hemisphere Cold Temperature record

Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Northern Hemisphere sets new, all-time record cold temperature: -96.1°F In Oymyakon Siberia !! -- Earth Changes -- Sott.net

Actually, it appears the whole thing is lost in translation and the apparent record is just a refutable record back in the 1920s, another media screw up - ignore this thread please, lol.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Northern Hemisphere sets new, all-time record cold temperature: -96.1°F In Oymyakon Siberia !! -- Earth Changes -- Sott.net

Actually, it appears the whole thing is lost in translation and the apparent record is just a refutable record back in the 1920s, another media screw up - ignore this thread please, lol.

Interesting if true. Though I think I'll wait for confirmation from a more reputable source.

Posted

Something a bit fishy about this, where did they get the date February 19th from? If it did actually happen last week then im shocked it's not made the news worldwide, because you can guarantee that if the warmest temperature was surpassed it would be headline news everywhere.

I was aware of that old disputed record and your probably right about the translations confusing the matter. On the other hand, if it did happen, then perhaps the Russians are still in the process of confirming the reading as legit before it's annouced properly?

I won't hold my breath.