Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 20/03/13 22z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Yep too far South for us unfortunately

why is it check out this radar not sure if you use it but the ppn is further out to sea and seems to be moving north

http://meteox.com/h....&soort=loop1uur

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

why is it check out this radar not sure if you use it but the ppn is further out to sea

http://meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

Hmmm interesting, I use raintoday but maybe I shouldn't lol. It seems to be rotating as it comes North so it might clip the Southern fringes of the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Hmmm interesting, I use raintoday but maybe I shouldn't lol. It seems to be rotating as it comes North so it might clip the Southern fringes of the region.

i use raintoday but when i want a further look away from the coasts this is the one i use only prob with this one it doesnt show light ppn

Posted

temp hasnt got above 1 degree all day currently 0.8

Posted

Incredibly cold day considering there's been no heavy rain/snow to lower temps, just cloud and a strong wind straight off the sea. High today 0.8C with a low of 0.3c, which for the end of March in my location is unbelievable. I think average temps now should be 9/10c? Actually, my thermometer maybe reads too high as it currently shows 0.6 but icicles are starting to form on the overflow pipe! Making it even more remarkable is the fact that there is no snow cover to lower the temp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Maximum temperature of +0.8C here according to the Met Office station, but then it hasn't really stopped snowing all day.

Posted

i use raintoday but when i want a further look away from the coasts this is the one i use only prob with this one it doesnt show light ppn

I think it's hitting Yorkshire unfortunately, just our bad luck this winter. I'd love to be wrong though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

We may have missed out in the last snow event, but 850s will be cold enough for snow right out to the coast all week so could be interesting. Get the cold and snow will follow. I think there will be a few suprises this week especially wednesday onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

I think it's hitting Yorkshire unfortunately, just our bad luck this winter. I'd love to be wrong though

Bloody hell yorkshire have had loads and we have had nowt so far hopefully some of our region might be lucky

Posted

yeah i no i think ya right, it was heading north and suddenly hit a brick wall Edited by Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

bring on summer...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

GFS prolonging the cold for the foreseeable.

Posted

Been snowing all day here in Bowness, not lying though although it is very cold with the iPhone temperature reading -2 currently, don't know where that station is though. We all had our fair share of dramas getting here including my cousin getting stuck twice and having to get rescued twice - don't ask lmao

Posted

Been snowing all day here in Bowness, not lying though although it is very cold with the iPhone temperature reading -2 currently, don't know where that station is though. We all had our fair share of dramas getting here including my cousin getting stuck twice and having to get rescued twice - don't ask lmao

How deep is it down your way now? :)

Posted

Barely a dusting in Durham... 10 minutes drive away (Road to Tow Law from Quebec), I got as far as this, before the road became unmanageable in a normal-tyred car. The Pennines proper must be awesome... and imagine what this would have been like had the front actually hit us!

409013_10200837283239386_1272420927_n.jpg

486286_10200837284359414_334312324_n.jpg

526380_10200837285039431_1164346150_n.jpg

549892_10200837286399465_1734909374_n.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

This is getting silly now the soon something can break through and shift the cold the better, its overstayed its welcome now

Posted

This is getting silly now the soon something can break through and shift the cold the better, its overstayed its welcome now

i thought you were enjoying it gav, but i did say last week these no mild on the way till june 2014 lol

Posted

Finally stopped snowing in Keswick - that's over 40 hours of continuous snow.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Boro Snow, March 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Boro Snow, March 23, 2013 - No reason given

im still keeping an eye on that ppn just east of the humber now

Posted

Oh stop ya whining lassie!!!

Posted

i thought you were enjoying it gav, but i did say last week these no mild on the way till june 2014 lol

The models do actually suggest a brief ridge of high pressure over the UK in June 2014 before being shunted away by a north easterly after just 3 days rofl.gif

Posted

Well, another day and other set of runs and Gav gets slated again on the MO thread!!!!

For goodness sake lad, knock off this "seeing mild weather coming" on charts that show nothing of the sort, because you are genuinely embarassing yourself now man!

No warmth and no mild this month I'm afraid me old fruit. Of course if you keep on predicting milder weather eventually you will be right, but you've been saying it now for weeks and you've got it terribly wrong. You've also been predicting high pressure for months I think and got that terribly wrong as well!