North West Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Me and bt came up with a theory that it might be higher temps =bigger flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Me and bt came up with a theory that it might be higher temps =bigger flakes

I don't think that's it. There's something fundamentally wrong somewhere, some kind of quirk. I'd love to ask a pro because I'm completely stumped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

What like it probs just a glutch in radar tech

Posted

I don't think that's it. There's something fundamentally wrong somewhere, some kind of quirk. I'd love to ask a pro because I'm completely stumped.

We do have a covering in Stoke CC, but I should have gone with my instinct & experience & not with the hype. I think this can now be declared another bust for most of us, especially those who were in the supposed "sweet spot".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

The radar often seems dodgy in frontal snowfalls, I don't know why though. It certainly was two weeks ago, last time I was in keswick, and an area of light snow spread in from the east but the radar looked dry.

Posted

We do have a covering in Stoke CC, but I should have gone with my instinct & experience & not with the hype. I think this can now be declared another bust for most of us, especially those who were in the supposed "sweet spot".

You were right Dave. I should never have let myself get carried away but I guess that January fall raised my expectation levels artificially.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I'm off to bed now, but its still coming down pretty hard.

The radar often seems dodgy in frontal snowfalls, I don't know why though. It certainly was two weeks ago, last time I was in keswick, and an area of light snow spread in from the east but the radar looked dry.

current radars still aren't great with picking up snow, hence why it seems hit and miss everywhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Maybe its the hot air from all the kebab houses in Manchester wafting over crewe?

Posted

It's really pouring it down with snow here but the radar doesn't really show much.

Posted

Don't want to jinx anything but......snow seems to have picked up slightly in past half an hour. Still not accumulating though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Radar has been useless today here too (often is with snow and particularly in urban areas it seems i.e. Edinburgh in this instance), had moderate-heavy snow over us for most of the day with barely a flake falling out of the sky. Meanwhile further west with echoes similar to here if not slightly duller there was some heavy accumulation snow in the morning and again this evening. Radars just don't appear to be geared up for snow very well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Heat & Thunderstorms Winter - Cold & Snowfall!

Typical!! Big f**ing hole around Macclesfied!!! Cant get my head around it! It is coming down fairly heavy but raintoday showing a hole!! Lol!! off to the fridge for another beer!! ;)

Posted

Just popping in from yorkshire, hope you lot don't mind. A good 10" level with 2 ft drifts up the side of my house. Heavy but fine snow for ages now here in Barnsley.

Posted

Just been for a cig & a quick stroll, only about 6 inches on the main roads round here, no biggie yet.

Must be past 10cm now in my garden, looking good.

Looking at the unreliable radar, surely we have a long long while before this event ends? Looks like it has enough in it to get through to at least tomorrow afternoon.

Posted

Must be past 10cm now in my garden, looking good.

Looking at the unreliable radar, surely we have a long long while before this event ends? Looks like it has enough in it to get through to at least tomorrow afternoon.

I wish it'd die off now tbh. Only so much dandruff wetting the floor you can take.