Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion 27/03/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Looking ahead, although a generalisation, from Friday onwards it seems quite likely that we will be entering the realms of low to high teens Celsius Maximums. The warmest day of which looks like being this Sunday. We should largely say goodbye to the frosts in time, too. The downside to the milder weather, being that there will be further rain about at times, although it will hopefully come about from convective showers. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Up to 10.2mm now. Crap day.

Must be just the south of the area, 2mm here in Trowbridge early morning nothing at all since....what a difference 50 miles makes! Hoping for a good weekend though across the region clapping.gif

Posted

Hi there thanks for your comments. Unfortunately I'm not sure why the mobile site is messed up. Ill try and remedy it at some point. Is there an option to view a desktop option? :)

No problem! :D

I'm not sure either, but when I select to view the 'standard version' it's still messed up... Could it be down to Apple products not having adobe flash player installed?

EDIT: I understand now! I've just gone on the site on a computer, and it's meant to be a map of Cornwall, with the weather and temps, but it doesn't load the map on either the mobile or standard version of the site while on my iPod! Not sure why though!

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Looking ahead, although a generalisation, from Friday onwards it seems quite likely that we will be entering the realms of low to high teens Celsius Maximums. The warmest day of which looks like being this Sunday. We should largely say goodbye to the frosts in time, too. The downside to the milder weather, being that there will be further rain about at times, although it will hopefully come about from convective showers. good.gif

I am a little confused.... high teens sunday?! local forecast has me down for light patchy rain and 11c max?? bad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

No problem! biggrin.png

I'm not sure either, but when I select to view the 'standard version' it's still messed up... Could it be down to Apple products not having adobe flash player installed?

EDIT: I understand now! I've just gone on the site on a computer, and it's meant to be a map of Cornwall, with the weather and temps, but it doesn't load the map on either the mobile or standard version of the site while on my iPod! Not sure why though!

Yeah, rather annoying. When I get some time Ill have a look into it but I feel I may not have much choice with this one unless something can be done to sort out the editing properly or whether Iphone needs adobe for it. I dont know as im not tech savvy when It comes to that ahha. Thanks for taking a look though. :)

Wednesday: Wet and Windy!

68 Followers @kernowweather

Over 1000 unique visiots to the site has now been reached! Thanks for your support everyone.

:D Onwards and upwards we go!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Dry cloudy cool start

Temp 3.2c

Posted

Friday possibly stacking up for a few isolated thunderstorms?

66_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

A chilly 3.2c this morning. Rather cloudy and dull and not expecting much change either, aside from becoming progressively wetter as a band of heavy rain moves into the SW this evening;

post-12721-0-17835300-1365578022_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Nice and sunny first thing,but clouding over now.Dont think the rain is far away.

Not another day with the kidshelp.gif

Do they ever go to school??

Edited by cornish snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I am a little confused.... high teens sunday?! local forecast has me down for light patchy rain and 11c max?? bad.gif

Well according to the netweather forecast, you should see around 18c, based on Farrington Gurnney, which is seemingly just a few miles to your North. It could all change though but that will feel distinictly tropical, should it develop that way.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Based solely on the latest GFS run, we should see something much warmer at the end of the weekend and into next week.

Wednesday;

post-12721-0-55459900-1365580159_thumb.j

Tuesday;

post-12721-0-30006100-1365580178_thumb.j

Monday;

post-12721-0-55116500-1365580142_thumb.j

Sunday;

post-12721-0-10561500-1365580127_thumb.j

Most of our area getting into the mid teens on each consecutive day. :)

(Sorry it's in reverse, I'm on phone and having problems editing post).

Edited by AWD

Posted

Nice and sunny first thing,but clouding over now.Dont think the rain is far away.

Not another day with the kidshelp.gif

Do they ever go to school??

School, I remember!!! 6 hours a day I think it was!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Regarding Sunday's temps, I'm down for 14c and patchy rain at the moment on the Met Office website.

I can't rule it out, but I think any temps in the higher teens will be confined to more eastern areas of the UK, where it currently looks like staying brighter for longer than here in the West/SW.

I think it will still feel quite 'muggy' though..but not in the sense of spanish plume type muggy! :p

Posted

Regarding Sunday's temps, I'm down for 14c and patchy rain at the moment on the Met Office website.

I think 14c/15c is about right for most of our region, broadly speaking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Just started raining where I am , feeling very chilly also.

Will be glad to see this warm weather come up from our south :-).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well according to the netweather forecast, you should see around 18c, based on Farrington Gurnney, which is seemingly just a few miles to your North. It could all change though but that will feel distinictly tropical, should it develop that way.

Trust me farington is a different world weather wise and its strange how it gives you that.location? Either use Binegar or mendip hills in search bar for a better idea. good.gif although it does seem latest runs have improved chances of some warmer weather for here now with 16c for sunday air_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I never believe those temperature charts, it's progging 11 to 12°C for me over the weekend. I'm willing to bet i get closer to 15°C

Currently 8.5°C

14.6mm from yesterdays on/off rain. Another wet afternoon to come from looking at the radar.

post-15177-0-77935000-1365594538_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

If it gets really warm and the Spanish feel kind, and the English Channel doesn't get in the way, then the stormie's dream will be unleashed!!!! good.gif

But do not forget the coldies, we are still here.....

Edited by galacticwarrior

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Been raining here about an hour now. Novel seeing rain! Can already see the grass and weeds starting to grow. Anyone got a tip for lower back ache?

Posted

Cloudy but bright after some sunshine earlier. Temp 8C after a min of 5C.

Posted

Been raining here about an hour now. Novel seeing rain! Can already see the grass and weeds starting to grow. Anyone got a tip for lower back ache?

Have you tried deep heat or deep freeze rub/spray (or similar products) to see if that helps ease the aching?