Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Chase Day 25 Texas/New Mexico

Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Although there are possibilities out west in New Mexico it would us with a lot to do tomorrow because we will need to be in central Kansas and so.we are heading to Amarillo.  We will book in and see if we can catch something that  develops out from the southwest.

I will turn on the stream as we go.

we are with out doubt very down today and finding it hard to deal with this mornings sad news.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Very understandable Tom. It's an incredibly sad time, and hard to just pick up where you left off this time yesterday. Stay safe, give yourselves some time to reflect and recover a bit.

Posted

We are checked in at the Big Texan and will see what brews up later but for now we are going to chill out a little.

Tom

Posted

Meagre offerings this evening as the moisture hasn't recovered enough yet - dps only in the mid-forties across N TX.Better chances of developments in N OK and KS Mon night as you say Tom with high bases and hail the main threats.

Posted

I had not seen that the camera was being looked for but did hear the the local emergency planning team were requesting people , unless necessary to keep away. As with Moore they need to be able to help the townfolk of the communities affected to help rebuild their lives.  We were actually in Childress before we actually knew about what happended to Team Twistex.

When I say chill a liitle i mean come to terms with what happened.  

Tom

Posted

When I say chill a liitle i mean come to terms with what happened.  

Tom

That is completely understandable. But for the sake of Tim and the other guys push on down the road and keep chasing. This tragedy is not the fault of any chaser but the Media needs to take some responsibility for broadcasting people should evacuate out of town. That act alone put many many people at risk and it was a miracle that there were no more fatalities. I am sure Tim and his team made sure other people were safe once they realised the tornado was bearing down on them. I know a lot of guys in the UK are sending you guys virtual hugs during this difficult time. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Oh wow that's lovely. I can view Vimeo here at work as it gets through the Weg gestapo.<br />I love the way you see the time-lapse CG lightning in fine detail.