Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

forecast data on netweather - accuracy and queries

Hello I have a few questions with regards to the forecast data on netweather

I am a member, and have the netweather extra subscription

1  Is the forecast data available to everyone - members and non-members alike ?

2 If all forecast data - that is UK 5 day, local 7 day and long range forecasts etc - is available to everyone -do members have access to member only forecast data - and if so where can it be found

3 I have a query with respect to the accuracy of data as I am a little bit worried - this morning at 7am for my postcode the data showed sunny skies icon, 7C and 90% humidity - what I actually had was 10 C, 60% humidity and cloudy skies at this time. At the moment I have partly sunny skies, 15 C, 48% humidity - but netweather is showing 13 C and 68% humidity. My postcode is DY3 3RG - just outside Wolverhampton

4 How often are the foreacast data updated - short and long range

I would be grateful if you could answer these queries

The radar is brilliant - well done - but if you can reassure me on forecast data accuracy I would be grateful

Regards Sriram

Edited by sriram

Posted

Hi, we have free forecasts on the site so yes some of the data is publicly available but some is for netweather extra (and lite) subscribers only. 

We do check the forecasts against actuals for accuracy and find that they perform well the majority of the time, although even at short range no forecasts are 100% - re your figures it's obviously quite hard to comment on the differences in temperature/humidity you saw because it could be a forecast oddity or it could be a local variation at your location or even the weather station readings themselves.

In terms of the short range forecasts they're all updated 4 times daily, the lrf data is updated daily.

Hope that helps Posted Image

Paul

Posted

You have it with Extra, that is not available unless you pay for it, not text forecasts but model outputs

Thanks - scrolling through the forecast data that is for extra subscription members is difficult on mobile phone

On clicking the extra forecast link I get a text box with name of town or postcode, get forecast button and choose forecast day button

The forecast icons are underneath this - cannot scroll easily through the data on mobile - as it is easy on ipad or desktop pc

The radar on mobile is great with easy scrolling - but scrolling through forecast data on mobile is difficult / impossible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Sorry for the slow reply, I didn't spot you had responded, it might be easier to send an email via the 'contact us' links on the site so we can help you better.

Though your problem sounds a little odd as it uses the same scroll set up as the radar page, plus you can scroll the forecast left and right to see all the info.

Which phone, browser and operating system are you using?

Ian