Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

A big sinkhole has appeared on the M2 Posted Image wonder if its all the rain we've had? 

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentish_gazette/news/major-kent-motorway-closed-in-12594/

That is worrying and I do also wonder if it is caused by rain.Wasnt there a sinkhole somewhere else last week?

OMG Posted Image

Mum just called got a letter from the council saying they are sending in a pallet of sand bags for each house down my road in preparation for rising water... 

MY HOUSE Posted Image Posted Image

I think you knew it was coming though, not good

Posted

here we go again

i could say wet and windy

better not

tonight

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

if any showers hit us late tonight we might see something wintry

would be a now you see me now you dont though and thats if any do

cold overnight with a frost likely but warmer air for morning around rush hour means the frost will clear quite quick

may be more noticeable the far north-north east of the region (frost wise)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

during the morning a south westerly starts to build and will be quite strong lunchtime onwards

rainfall

Posted Image

just after lunch

Posted Image

late afternoon

Posted Image

looks heavy and being driven on by the wind will not help

looks to ease down late evening

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 8 degrees but will not feel it

winds look likely strongest early afternoon to late evening then slowly easing

40-50 mph normal

60 exposed areas

70 far south east and possible the far north of the region later

i am talking max gusts here not sustained winds

so watch for wind and also again the time the rain lasts for and how heavy it is likely to be

will update tomorrow night shortly

Sorry to hear that, hope your not flooded. Amazed at the speed of rising water levels in Pooley Green and Egham today, lots of evacuations and many more areas affected. Water coming up through drains in parts of Staines too.

Mate pooley green is no more.. And that is what they are saying.. If the Thames don't get you.. The ground water will! And looking at tomorrow and Friday with showers on Thursday... HELP ME!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Mate pooley green is no more.. And that is what they are saying.. If the Thames don't get you.. The ground water will! And looking at tomorrow and Friday with showers on Thursday... HELP ME!!

Is it a case of you may have to move things upstairs soon?

Situation sounds pretty dire, stay safe and make good use of that pallet! 

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Good luck to everyone suffering from the flooding and rain, I do still feel the EA are doing a sterling job in this extreme weather event, the weather has delivered huge volumes of water to our country and it is struggling to go anywhere, just like too much snow, too much wind, too much sun, we have a balance and the weather has tipped it again.

Posted

Wonder if this might be a dene hole rather than a sink hole, we get lots of them around the Kent - basically they are historic or pre-historic chalk pits which were mined underground often from a vertical shaft?. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denehole

Out of interest all our little estate is built on dene holes, road leading up to our crescent is actually called dene road. Worried of course not, if you got to go then it a different way to go. Anyway the structural engineer when he was investigating the last one said he was looking into it, made me laugh any way.Beautiful half moon out there tonight feel pelts cold.

Posted

3.4c here currently

small rain band heading in towards me, temps should drop another half degree or so before it gets here, so snow possible :)

Dew point @ 0c

Vantage Vue actually forecast snow yesterday, but I laughed it off, perhaps it wasn't a fluke! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Brrrrrrr!! It's a tad nippy out tonight. Very calm still, with no wind. I think this weather is definitely suffering from rapid cycling mood disorder. Maybe I should give it one of my pills. :D

• Like 1

Posted

tomorrow night

Posted Image

winds slowly abating although still gusty from a more westerly and colder direction

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

at present it showing mostly dry

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

500s

Posted Image

Posted Image

these are cold

any showers overnight would likely be wintry but i am calling dry

we would have a pretty hard frost if the wind was not present

if shielded from the wind however i would expect a frost for you overnight

main part on there at present is the drier bit though

doing these in stages and will follow on soon with thursday soon

• Like 1

Posted

Happens every time there is some sort of severe weather event and don't even get me started on Met O warnings I swear some people view them as some sort of honour badge. Worse than a playground.

Fair to say it's looking a bit rough down here tomorrow on top of what we have already had and what seems to be coming up for the weekend.

• Like 1

KEY BOARD WARRIORS!!!!! LOL Posted Image Posted Image

Edit: It feels like though, you go to the time and effort to pull up charts, look at them and compare them to the old ones, then work out what is going on and inform people of you're thoughts, and then they have a go at you? Some really odd people on this planet. At least I got a bunch of good peeps in here :)

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 9

Posted

Bit OT, is there anywhere on this forum where Facebook names can be exchanged etc... Maybe a thread for it, or do we have to ask via PM / Chat?

Posted

KEY BOARD WARRIORS!!!!! LOL Posted Image Posted Image

Edit: It feels like though, you go to the time and effort to pull up charts, look at them and compare them to the old ones, then work out what is going on and inform people of you're thoughts, and then they have a go at you? Some really odd people on this planet. At least I got a bunch of good peeps in here Posted Image

Lol why do you think JP stays in here!!

Actually just looking at Met O and it is upping the max gust every output current max now is 62 mph gust mid afternoon that is plenty enough thank you very much!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Sorry to hear sandbags are on their way to you Surrey.

I don't go anywhere else either.

Video and camera charge just in case a bit of the old white stuff graces us with it's presence!Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Sorry to hear sandbags are on their way to you Surrey.

I don't go anywhere else either.

Video and camera charge just in case a bit of the old white stuff graces us with it's presence!Posted Image

Sorry but its not going to anytime soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Cheers guys, it kinda hits home when it happens because you never really think it will happen to you and it does! But people don't understand that do they? Well some people don't love you guys hug anyone?

Awwwwww! We'll all have a group hug tomorrow. We'll probably need too to stop from flying off into the wide blue yonder. :) It is a great forum. Best I've ever been part of that's for sure. :)
  • Like 2

Awwwwww! We'll all have a group hug tomorrow. We'll probably need too to stop from flying off into the wide blue yonder. Posted Image

It is a great forum. Best I've ever been part of that's for sure. Posted Image

Indeed it is I agree :) the river thames has dropped 1cm in the last hour (I know massive) but with tomorrows rain I can't see this last long before it goes back up..

• Like 1

Posted

hi surrey

stick in here mate

funnily enough the last time i posted in another thread was a while back with the fax chart updates

strangely enough that was for the south west as well

seems to me flood defences only get looked at after the event

and even then i am beginning to think they wait to see if it drys out then do nothing

this thread is the best Posted Image

• Like 4