Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic storms February 2014

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Every year we see this pathetic, childish bickering of "I'm northern so I'm obviously more hardy", did you know people actually die from top to toe in this country because of strong winds? It doesn't matter where you live.

Edited by PerfectStorm
  • Like 7

Posted

Sorry buddy, Im Scottish but like the Welsh, I am pretty cool. No floods here. Cheers!

Sorry hope i didn't offend you, i know what you mean though, things happen within this country,but when it happens to the South East its main news!!!!!!!!!

There are people living outside of this area

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nobody crys about it in Scotland, seems to be a London thing.

I don't see anyone crying just talking to each other about what is happening, it is normally not something we see often over here, so it's an interesting talking point for us.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Some places get it worse then others, mother nature will dump her LP's in more places then others, but what i do know is... does it matter whose shed flew the furthest down the street, or how far Aunt nancy's knickers ended up flying too, but what does count is peoples lives and property.

Getting very gusty here again, power flickering lots now, have been trying to catch a beer can for past 2 hours that is doing my head in on a mission up and down my road.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Lots of Diverts for Gatwick/Heathrow tonight. Quite a nightmare for re-positioning aircraft/crews especially for BA. 

Apparently Manchester decided to state availability of fuel issues again, so they have minimal diverts.  Stansted took a BA A320 from Frankfurt with Control Surface Issues. G-EUYA. 

BAW769 just been playing around in the skies, diverting north somewhere. 

BAW581 is also diverting North, whilst BAW337 is coming back from it's divert to have another go. This looks fun!

Edited by Robbie Garrett
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

MOVING ON!  Posted Image

The answer my friend is......................

• Like 1

Posted

Once again a thread taken over by someone posting more about how great and tough his country is and how weak & terrible us Southerners are for daring to post on the weather on a weather forum.

Beginning to lose faith in the site and moderators to be honest.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Some places get it worse then others, mother nature will dump her LP's in more places then others, but what i do know is... does it matter whose shed flew the furthest down the street, or how far Aunt nancy's knickers ended up flying too, but what does count is peoples lives and property.

Getting very gusty here again, power flickering lots now, have been trying to catch a beer can for past 2 hours that is doing my head in on a mission up and down my road.

I saw one in my road too. That is not mine, Cyclonic. Posted Image

Once again a thread taken over by someone posting more about how great and tough his country is and how weak & terrible us Southerners are for daring to post on the weather on a weather forum.

Beginning to lose faith in the site and moderators to be honest.

Never let it be said, please use the report or ignore function where appropriate, it WILL get dealt with. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

MOVING ON!  Posted Image

The answer my friend is......................

Please stay on topic! ;-)

How much longer do we think for these winds? Will they stay at this intensity or have they peaked now?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, snow

Sorry hope i didn't offend you, i know what you mean though, things happen within this country,but when it happens to the South East its main news!!!!!!!!!

There are people living outside of this area

LOL you didnt offend me bro, I know what you're talking about !!

Posted

Please stay on topic! ;-)

How much longer do we think for these winds? Will they stay at this intensity or have they peaked now?

Posted Image Just trying to calm the madhouse down. Hmmm, we are in the roughest period now I believe, could be dawn before things calm down in your neck of the woods I'm afraid. Posted Image

Posted

Here litterally getting a very strong gusts hard to say speeds but usually if my window rattling its very strong 50mph + .  Really need my own weather station.

this has ripped Tini into ridge it so strong

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, snow
GLTW is MaD!
Edited by hec1
removed original post, thanks for sticking to forum rules.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

http://www.flightradar24.com/BAW163  just departed Heathrow but has an emergency! Possible Tech or medical issue.

BAW581 from Milan and BAW769 from Oslo diverting Leeds Bradford. 

BAW337 which should have arrived 19:45 is fuel'd up for round 2 and is now on it's approach to Heathrow (LOL) http://www.flightradar24.com/BAW337

BA Operations must be doing there head in tonight. They have 30-40 aircraft diverted across the UK and crews out of hours. :/

Edited by Robbie Garrett
  • Like 3

Posted

PLAY NICELY GUYS N GALS, I'M SURE WE CAN RIDE THIS STORM TOGETHER.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

And back onto the topic of the weather..... If these gusts carry on my for sale sign will be on the seafront soon!

They seem to be gettong stronger the gaps between gusts getting shorter all i can hear is noises outside my flats shaking
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Posted Image Just trying to calm the madhouse down. Hmmm, we are in the roughest period now I believe, could be dawn before things calm down in your neck of the woods I'm afraid. Posted Image

Looks like it's going to be a long night :-)!
  • Like 1

Posted

Reallly gusty now

beer can found and culprit

Posted Image

I like these artistic moments of yours but you spelt my name wrong, Cyclonic one. Posted Image Now look what you've done. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

They seem to be gettong stronger the gaps between gusts getting shorter all i can hear is noises outside my flats shaking

wainfleet had 58mph your not far from there.  Agree east coast lincolnshire really rocking.  We not supposed peak around 6am

Posted

Please stay on topic! ;-)How much longer do we think for these winds? Will they stay at this intensity or have they peaked now?

I reckon they've peaked here. Had some gusts a couple of hours ago that were so fierce the bedroom window started emitting a high pitched squeal! 

We're still getting fairly strong winds but nothing like that again.

Must admit, I'm a little disappointed *pouts*