Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

[This is entirely experimental go easy on me :)]

Overnight into Morning - Wednesday

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Overnight minima for SE/EA ranging from 6-9c no frost in sight, albeit cool

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Showery rain along coastal fringes, largely dry

Wednesday PM

Showers will develop - hit and miss moving eastwards. Possibly heavy no thundery activity anticipated.

Maxima for Wednesday

14-16c feeling pleasant, Towns and Cities may nudge 17/18c depending on Cloud Cover

Wednesday Night

Similar theme to tonight cool, you will need some layers once dark

Dry and clear over our region

Thursday - Looking unsettled

Morning

More showery rain

Thursday PM

]http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifimage.jpg

longer pulses of rain, as we approach the afternoon the rain may turn up a touch

Thursday Maxima

Tad down on Wednesday values due to increased Cloud Cover, prohibiting warmer temperatures

I hope that is of some help... Props to Mr Pike for doing these daily i'm breaking out in a sweat :)

Well thats me done for now, more to come Tomorrow :good:

Excellent start, better than I could do

• Like 1

Posted

Excellent start, better than I could do

Cheers :good:It really is a Mammoth effort, compiling all the charts together and then making it presentable a gruelling process. No wonder JP, is burnt out. I just wanted to offer a helping hand, there is much reliance on John. He is a top man, but certainly not a machine. it is just good to ease the pressure, and keep my local updated as John has always done :)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Still 12.3c in the London suburbs, it has just started raining here!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

That's a great first "daily update" post Daniel - thank you and well done!Here in Sussex - A rainy start to the day which cleared early morning (errrm before I woke up :whistling: ) .i then thought it would all go pear-shaped given all the floofy clouds developing early afternoon - but this evening the sky has been totally clear and cloud free. (so might put heating on for the piggies tonight if temperature is going to massively "dip").Errrm - No Jax - I didn;t crash the car...and sadly fell asleep 20mins into SW1!!Car developed a fault (Oil in the radiator) that, when checked in the BMW garage,  became a "possible cylinder head gasket or worse" job which we now think is a small "oil coolant housing" fault. But because of the  consequential damage (new radiator/thermostat etc) the insurance warranty  company I have paid £62 pcm for the last 10 years to look after this gorgeous beast of a car (E46 BMW 330d Auto M sport) suddenly got cold feet. The garage/me  now have to "prove" it was the oil coolant housing and I have to guarantee to underwrite all the expense (£3k plus!)  in case the warranty company aren;t convinced.Hope Mrs Cockatiel is feeling better tonight. Mr Sambuca guinea pig is in the vets today with a prospective £300 bill to remove two bladder stones tomorrow and a 50/50 chance of making it through the operation. He's still such a boisterous boy - I have to give him that chance.  Pets ehh?I am hoping this week we will still get some gorgeous weather (a half day here and there will do|)  - as I really didn;t get all my weeding done over the bank holiday.Nite nite allxxxx

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

great effort daniel,the master should be impressed,keep em coming,as i wouldnt even attempt it,a real beaut of a day again,loving the different shades of greens on the trees,and the bluebells are truly stunning,makes you glad to be part of a wonderful world,take care,stay safe

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good job Daniel on the forecast  :good:

Time for sleep now I think.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, bright start here, bring on the showers.

Posted

Some dark skies hovering and judging by the radar there may be some heavy rain nearby; feeling humid. Quite a mix the past few days with some warm evening walks with the dog in air perfumed by the first blooms really getting going, but also clouds continually suggesting rain may be on the way but more often than not remaining dry, with the exception of Monday night. Monday, in common with others here, was our first barbecue of the year, although it was somewhat overcast so we had the jackets on. Really crossing fingers that the hot conditions I am seeing mentioned as a possibility in the MDT do indeed come to fruition.

Have a nice day all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

A sunny intervals type of day here, with variable cloud (and various cloud types)

The rest of the week looks decidedly unsettled now, with showers or longer outbreaks of rain, culminating in a very wet and breezy Saturday - the proximity of the low and the number of fronts show this.

post-11059-0-68374700-1399457533_thumb.g

The depression then look like filling slowly near us for the following couple of days, so likely showers / outbreaks of rain and breezy would likely describe the weather then - here is Monday lunchtime's pressure chart from 06Z GFS.

post-11059-0-79251500-1399457680_thumb.p

Oh well, at least everything will be very green by the time it's done with us.  :unsure2:

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Cloudy, breezy, 16.0c. It looks like the heavens are about to open, but I am clinging on to dry conditions at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Jetlagged. So very jetlagged. Can report weather in NYC was perfect, high teens all week. I hear I missed some good storms here in Medway? Or was my Mum just winding me up?

• Like 1

Posted

Supercell right over Medway I heard - you missed a huge one. 

*This may be a lie*

• Like 1

My attempt at putting the washing out .... I start then it rains so run out to get it ... Looks ok to put out just now but the wind is getting up and we all know what happens to my washing when the wind gets up :(

Dark clouds coming over so will just stick to keeping washing in :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

A day of very little sunshine, much cloud, some pokey showers and rather blustery which makes it feel even cooler than it is.  Shame it had to break, the weather was shaping up nicely for us.

Posted

Getting up the enphusiasm to nip out to the library as it has turned cooler, wetter and windier here.

Posted

Evening All. :)

I will do another JP style weather update, for the next few days Thursday/Friday/Saturday

Tonight hopefully before 21:00 - It will take some time, but hold on :)

Mr Pike needs to hop on his Bike :p Breezy - overcast day and a few angry showers rattled through.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Evening all, very meh day with some sun and a few moderate rain showers. Like yesterday but less sun, less warmth, more wind and rather naff showers compared to yesterdays downpour.

Posted

pap weather all day really and even a thought taken to giving the storage heater a run overnight on low (very low) to take the edge off the cool damp feeling in here.

Posted

My second briefing of the upcoming days, since JP short departure from NW :)

Thursday - Tomorrow

post-19153-0-61460600-1399485620_thumb.j

Storm potential ! reasonable CAPE over a large portion over Central England extending into the Home Counties

Peterborough may bode well, some potent storms may develop and some âš¡ï¸ May be on the cards

Maxima for Thursday

post-19153-0-22432900-1399486198_thumb.j

A rather mild day, a muggy day under thick cloud

post-19153-0-12007800-1399486328_thumb.j

Warmer uppers surging up from the Mainland providing more favorable conditions for instability

Precipitation

post-19153-0-10503200-1399488039_thumb.j

general longer spells of Rain, some of which may be on the heavy side

post-19153-0-31832600-1399487610_thumb.j

As we descend into the Evening the Rain will clear eastwards, EA Coastline will hug onto the last of the Rain

Friday

post-19153-0-75513300-1399488818_thumb.j

post-19153-0-43174700-1399488376_thumb.j

Is geared to be a relatively unsettled day, Eastern England - Target zone for convective storm development, hail, thundery downpours all up for grabs :D Remaining Mild, temperatures in the mid teens, certainly not cool.

I think I'll have a rest now. To conclude, here are a few shots of the dramatic looking skies overhead ATM .

post-19153-0-32318600-1399490015_thumb.j post-19153-0-12291000-1399490075_thumb.j post-19153-0-86104700-1399490122_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

See looking outside you'd be easily forgiven for thinking it was about to chuck it down or storm with all the scud cloud and dark skies, but we're getting nowt according to the forecast.

Edited by Lauren

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all.

Oh my, just been trawling through all the regional closures..... Glad to hear they will still be open albeit slightly larger. ( which is good in these quiter months )

Cloudy and windy here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

HI AllThank you Daniel for your latest analysis which is much appreciated.It is with tearful regret that I report to SE Regionnaires  that Mr Sambuca guinea pig had to be helped to the Rainbow Bridge todayGutted....but at least the weather was good for his last stamd!xxxx 

• Like 4

Posted

HI AllThank you Daniel for your latest analysis which is much appreciated.It is with tearful regret that I report to SE Regionnaires  that Mr Sambuca guinea pig had to be helped to the Rainbow Bridge todayGutted....but at least the weather was good for his last stamd!xxxx 

:(

• Like 1

Posted

Thank Jaxxxxx

Such a shame, and thoughts to you all, pets are family after all.

• Like 1