Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Saturday 17th July 2004

PB22

Posted

Please place any storm or convective reports in this thread.

There is currently a thunderstorm in the eastern English Channel, with more storms over France.

Posted

oh yes have a storm in the distance with regular thunder and its showing on the sferic 8)

Posted

A whole rash of storms breaking out in the SE now, with storms over East Anglia, SE England, London and down towards the Isle of Wight.

Posted
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20

Is this moving to the North or the East :?:

Posted

:) posted in the 10th cause i got so excited, Got a storm with me at mo

cloud to ground lightning in this baby constant thunder almost non-stop, now just starting to clear . i would say its tracking into essex n/e as i speak.

And beware of the large raindrops in this baby 8) What a cracking start to this day i hope more follows :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

well a heavier shower just hit in Ipswich- its stil gong after bout ten minutes but no thunder/lightning...................................yet :roll: :)

Posted

Most of the storms will remain to the southeast of a line from the Wash to the Isle of Wight, Julie.

Still warm and quite sunny here, 20 miles NE of Ipswich, but can see large CB to my W/NW, with alot of other developments in the skies. Looking very unstable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

My lightening detector picking up strikes.......but nothing here yet in Swindon. :cry:

Posted

Small thunderstorm now moving in here at Eastbourne, rain is already coming down. Seems these storms are still developing near south coast :)

WOW Massive rumble of thunder!! :shock:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

just had good storm in southend. my boy saw lightning that sounds to me like ball lightning. :?: I though I'd ask the experts.. He described it as being a cirle of lightning, blue and the whole area lit up very bright around it. Can anyone help us here please or did anyone else see ti to confirm it :?: :?: :idea: :)

Posted

This is the worst i have had this year, table tennis size hail, I have put some in my freezer, amazing spikey looking thing, massive thunder and lightning now for about 45 minutes.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Could just the way he saw it light up the sky. ive known lightning to strike in a circle from the cloud.

If it was ball lightning then what ive heard is that it floats around before hitting an object and exploding so i doubt it if it was ball lightning :cry:

Posted

is table tennis size ball hail an exageration :roll: ? or is it really that big :shock: :) Cant wait to see some action up here in suffolk 8)

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

damn. nothing here yet in Milton Keynes... got my digital camera at the ready as the spferic is going ga-ga. storms seem to be all around my location, from birmingham down to the south east and east anglia.... anyone got a good one now??? fingers XXXXXX i'm gonna get a beauty in while :):)8)

Posted

This is No exagerration, this storm is moving north so you should have it soon, the worst around the Southend area for years. I have some in the deep freeze, it is amzing almost spikey and six sided. The garden is still full of the stuff.

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything
Could just the way he saw it light up the sky. ive known lightning to strike in a circle from the cloud.

If it was ball lightning then what ive heard is that it floats around before hitting an object and exploding so i doubt it if it was ball lightning :cry:

thanks nanu.. i knew it was very rare and probably not but I have to admit I did get a bit excited there :) even so we have had some amazing lightning. Best I've seen in ages. had one lot and sounds like another could be coming our way. very loud rumbles now

Posted

Large active thunderstorm now coming up the channel heading towards Hastings / Rye. I can hear constant thunder and sky is quite dark. Also have splitting headache! :shock:

Posted

We have just had the worst Thunderstorm andlightnening that I have seen in years. 28mm of rain fell in 30 mins, its all in my water gauge. Heavy rain, thunder, lightning but no hail.

Posted
Also have splitting headache!  :shock:

You know i knew somebody else quite a few years back that got headaches before a storm would hit. Could count on it that everytime she got an headache later on we had a storm... Dont see her anymore now :cry:

Posted

Lots of thunder/lightning and ehavy rain here in Ipswich now- Intense bright, lightning too and deafening thunder :):)8)8):):)