Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted

Looking a bit dark here again, another storm is brewing i think. LadyEv06 , i bet you can see it from Sutton- In- Ashfield, your just down the rd.

• Like 1

Posted

Can see lightning and hear thunder from the Clacton storm a lot more frrequent than the detector says

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Looking a bit dark here again, another storm is brewing i think. LadyEv06 , i bet you can see it from Sutton- In- Ashfield, your just down the rd.

post-6183-0-43028700-1405800862_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Thunder way up here along the coast of the North east..

Thought I was being a tad optimistic..2 strikes and that was that..

The earlier Swindon cell that gave a good show through Birmingham through the midlands is now just a sad small bag of water..

post-5386-0-54186100-1405800845_thumb.pn

NetWeather 5 min radar.

• Like 1

Posted

Ive just been out, I thought I heard a deep rumble of thunder to the south, thought I was going barking mad, or it was just suggestive (ie me wanting to believe it was thunder).. just checked out the radar and there's a big shower around Wrexham, on course for Chester and Northwards. It may well die out before it gets here, but nice to see.

I can see that cell from Manchester: the anvil top is smeared out over at least 45 degrees of the horizon.

Posted

Big tops to the south of Chesterfield it has more or less fizzled away now.

Assuming what we can see is the remains of the Swindon storm from earlier which tied in woth the on we had

The earlier storm - Wish me mother had a camera at Bolsover. Just been on the phone to her again and she said a wide dark funnel shape was opposite her house around 150 yards away (Bolsover Cricket ground) on the ground looking towards the M1 from her house. Says it the worst she has seen whilst living there, and we are talking 45 years

Edited by OddSpot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Big tops to the south of Chesterfield it has more or less fizzled away now.

Is the circus in town? 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Great little storm earlier over east kent, the fourth one today :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Looks like that supercell of the coast of Belgium going NNW towards East Anglia. Interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Wow that is incredible, thanks for sharing. It reminds me of similar video I saw last year of a gust front moving in off the sea the other side of the channel in Belgium.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Is that your footage?

Nope but I saw the exact same cloud!

By the way does anyone have the radar image from 3am sat as the beeb/met were completely wrong with the radar prediction for that time period and before it

Posted Image

Posted

Torrential rain here, some good T+L obviously not as much as this morning, but very nice CG's with loud booming thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm waiting .......,,,,,

what's the problem?.....just checked the deleted posts, and there's nothing in there from you, no deleted posts from anyone .....try reposting it  :)

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Well wow, what a fantastic storm I saw and chased up across the country. I first met the beast near Ashby de la Zouch as it was moving up from the south. I can quite honestly say I have never seen a storm look so dark and menacing, with clear rotation and frequent flashes from within it. As it got closer there was a clear gust front and the thunder was constant. There looked to be a funnel cloud too but by the time it dropped the rain was so heavy and winds too strong for me to easily film. I will see whether it came out or not when I edit my footage in the coming week. It then seemed like all hell broke loose with torrential rain, marble hail, really strong winds and bright flashes of lightning with gunshot thunder. Unfortunately my car then broke down as I tried to chase it due to the sheer amount of water. Anyway, around 20 minutes later my car decides it'll start again so I then chased the storm up the M1, and as I got closer to it near to Mansfield it was dropping some great CGS's which it continued to do all the way up to just past Doncaster. I never managed to get back ahead of it, but it seemed like most of the bolts were to the rear of the storm. I would be interested to know if this was a supercell as it was being discussed before i left to intercept it. All in all a great 24 hours. Chased across several counties overnight last night and today having done 520 miles in all! Here's to the next chase :)

. hope to see your report and pics over in Skywarn.