Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
41 minutes ago, dragonfalls said:

Big gust then the house was shaking lots of sirens in the distance going on the school run shortly.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

METO still not having any of it (away from elevation). Will take more than those charts to make me even remotely consider picking my towel from the floor.

The fact that today has been wet and windy for hours, with the boggy waterlogged fields all too evident again....DRY please!!!

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted
13 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

METO still not having any of it (away from elevation). Will take more than those charts to make me even remotely consider picking my towel from the floor.

The fact that today has been wet and windy for hours, with the boggy waterlogged fields all too evident again....DRY please!!!

bbc get there forecasts from the meto and news 24 are already on the trail of snow as from tomorrow

Posted

Net Weather's forecast for Cardiff now showing heavy sleet Friday, sleet again Saturday and snow on Sunday. Temps really do need to drop first though, it's still so mild here despite raging winds.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

Net Weather's forecast for Cardiff now showing heavy sleet Friday, sleet again Saturday and snow on Sunday. Temps really do need to drop first though, it's still so mild here despite raging winds.

once the winds drop overnight and general temps will drop too

• Like 1

Posted

Hopefully. We do struggle to get the cold here with being so close to the coast. I was just looking at the snow maps and wow, quite a few good chances for Wales. Even for Cardiff. Let the lamp post watching begin! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Been a bit wild out there, went for a drive to Sainsbury's earlier and there were small branches all over the road, saw one guys car windscreen behind me smashed where it looked like something had blown into it! Then driving back home 20mins later I had to wait as a large branch had snapped in the wind and blocked the road but the council were there clearing it, so it must have happened just after I had gone down the other way 20mins before! Crazy seeing the amount of stuff flying off trees out there today though and covering the roads! Not seen Bridgend closed off like it has been today either!

I remain sceptical about any cold/snow over the weekend, it would be nice to see though but as long as I can still get to work!   

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
28 minutes ago, dragonfalls said:

Why are the local TV stations not showing cold on Fri and the weekend then next week turns mild again .

derek seems bullish about it - but only a few hours ago news 24 went up to friday but were still unsure about northern and southern extent of the slider - so i don't think they really know friday's outcome just yet

Posted
17 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Been a bit wild out there, went for a drive to Sainsbury's earlier and there were small branches all over the road, saw one guys car windscreen behind me smashed where it looked like something had blown into it! Then driving back home 20mins later I had to wait as a large branch had snapped in the wind and blocked the road but the council were there clearing it, so it must have happened just after I had gone down the other way 20mins before! Crazy seeing the amount of stuff flying off trees out there today though and covering the roads! Not seen Bridgend closed off like it has been today either!

I remain sceptical about any cold/snow over the weekend, it would be nice to see though but as long as I can still get to work!   

reason i kept my head down and had a day indoors - too dangerous around here with all the trees etc

Posted

Just round the corner from us - glad i stayed in doors now

and the bottom picture from 5 years ago - let's see if we can do that again

tree.jpg

snow laden.jpg

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

11.5mm of rain has fallen today. Not too much you'd think but given that the ground is so saturated, everywhere is now waterlogged yet again. Hence the wish for some dry weather...last I checked snow doesnt settle on water!

Posted
1 hour ago, dragonfalls said:

Why are the local TV stations not showing cold on Fri and the weekend then next week turns mild again .

No sign for warmer weather for weekend  getting colder with -5 to -8 uppers plenty of snow chances for the next7 days at least,

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

11.5mm of rain has fallen today. Not too much you'd think but given that the ground is so saturated, everywhere is now waterlogged yet again. Hence the wish for some dry weather...last I checked snow doesnt settle on water!

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_snowman-wearing-a-life-jacket-and-santa-hat-appears-to-canoe-along-BTDBT3.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

well the cold air is defo back - just had a thunder snow slightly sleetly - hail mix - leaving some white patches all around

Posted

The first flood of the winter here surprisingly,but boy did it rain last few days.

Colder now at 1c with a ground frost and a few flakes of icy snow settled.

Our first cold east wind for 3 years coming,abit further north for snow GFS please.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

Snow and soft hail shower here this morning, fairly light but left a temporary covering on some surfaces. Looking at the radar there a a few showers moving in now.

Edited by EastAnglian
  • Like 1

Posted

weird but after yesterday - get up this morning to a power cut - when the weather is all sunny and bright and calm - yet yesterday no sign of one and we were being battered to hell and back - oh well them's the breaks - lots of wintriness in the showers pushing through last night let's see what today can deliver

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2016/02/09/basis06/ukuk/prty/16020918_0906.gif

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Snow!  on my washing! 

• Like 1