Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Mostly clear start here, no frost though.

Posted

Mostly clear start here, no frost though.

morning  captain  think  this morning i  put things away ready that storm  not looking very clever  for mid week!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning

Looking cool, not been out but the remote sensor reports 3.0oC out, no sign of any frost but it is a clear, calm and bright start to the day here.

Posted

Does anyone know what time the westher in on on countryfile?

Normally in the last 10-15 minutes of the program

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Was hoping strongest of winds would clear by thurs morning as I'm travelling

I think they will have, the peak of the winds at this stage appears to occur between midnight and 3am Thursday morning before beginning to ease off by the time dawn breaks it'll probably just be a little bit blustery.

So what king of gusts are the South East likely to get?

Overnight gusts will be potentially 60-70mph inland based on current predictions with 75-80 locally perhaps more on exposed coasts, hold on tight! :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Storm watch, here are the latest runs

GFS

gfs-0-108.png?6

108-289UK.GIF?11-6

50 to 60 mph gusts widely, maybe 70 mph  along the south coast.

Parallel

gfs-0-108.png?6

108-289PUK.GIF?11-6

A little deeper with tighter isobars on the southern flank. 60-70mph gusts across all parts.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

im sure im going to end up with an open plan garden this winter, my fences sway in the wind, and  are held up with ivy, good job i live in the country side,  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

For those that like snow in John Hammonds latest forecast for the week ahead he said once Wednesday/Thursdays storm has passed the Jetstream is going to sink south of us allowing colder air to plunge down from the north with more places seeing wintry showers, so maybe a sign of our first real cold snap (wintry spell) coming up!

• Like 1

Posted

im sure im going to end up with an open plan garden this winter, my fences sway in the wind, and  are held up with ivy, good job i live in the country side,  :)

That was my issue the last two winters, really want a winter for once where I keep a closed plan garden for a change.

• Like 2

Posted

I go fishing in Ongar, lovely place.

Sounds like your fence may not be feeling too good after the storm, eek

60 mph gusts now showing for our areas.

nope, not looking good for my fences, ongar is a lovely place ,i live just outside of it, ive heard great fishing here, private lakes though,, i do love fishing, i used to go with my dad in waltham abbey, yrs ago and love playing with the maggot's 

Posted

That was my issue the last two winters, really want a winter for once where I keep a closed plan garden for a change.

well i have two separate back gardens and the ones that sway to the wind, are the ones that if they should go will open up to a ditch and bushes, but will destroy my um lets say sunbathing ,natural sunbathing :D  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

nope, not looking good for my fences, ongar is a lovely place ,i live just outside of it, ive heard great fishing here, private lakes though,, i do love fishing, i used to go with my dad in waltham abbey, yrs ago and love playing with the maggot's 

Maggots freak most people out lol, did you race them? :crazy:  Did you have the fish for dinner? Sunny and calm here, this week is going to be errrrr eventful! :help:

Posted

Maggots freak most people out lol, did you race them? :crazy:  Did you have the fish for dinner? Sunny and calm here, this week is going to be errrrr eventful! :help:

updates   not good  for our area  looks  like  the storm now  is more south now i,e  our neck  of the woods could get a bit  interesting   mid week!!!  .bins  in garage  i think   before wednesday

Posted

Maggots freak most people out lol, did you race them? :crazy:  Did you have the fish for dinner? Sunny and calm here, this week is going to be errrrr eventful! :help:i loved and still do save and play with worms, hence i love gardening and getting dirty, i used to go fishing and every where with my dad, as i didnt want him to get lonely, lol, 

Edited by Jo S

Posted

Maggots freak most people out lol, did you race them? :crazy:  Did you have the fish for dinner? Sunny and calm here, this week is going to be errrrr eventful! :help:i loved and still do save and play with worms, hence i love gardening and getting dirty, i used to go fishing and every where with my dad, as i didnt want him to get lonely, lol, 

um doesn't sound right, the getting dirty bit, just love worms wriggling in my hands and the different colors, i think i will shut up as digging a deep hole here  

Edited by Jo S
  • Like 1

Posted

um doesn't sound right, the getting dirty bit, just love worms wriggling in my hands and the different colors, i think i will shut up as digging a deep hole here  

I know what you meant, getting muddy would have sounded cleaner :cc_confused: ! Worms are okay, maggots give people the heebie jeebies. Awwwwww that you kept your dad company, sweet of you. It is actually a good day for gardening today weather wise, I've still got carrots growing from last summer and beetroot and my hazel nut tree has already budded. :shok:

updates   not good  for our area  looks  like  the storm now  is more south now i,e  our neck  of the woods could get a bit  interesting   mid week!!!  .bins  in garage  i think   before wednesday

I expect weather warnings to appear for our region from the met office very soon.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

graphe3_1000_306_141___Londres.gif

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?ext=1&x=306&y=141&ville=Londres

One of the better chances this winter so far

• Like 1

Posted

I know what you meant, getting muddy would have sounded cleaner :cc_confused: ! Worms are okay, maggots give people the heebie jeebies. Awwwwww that you kept your dad company, sweet of you. It is actually a good day for gardening today weather wise, I've still got carrots growing from last summer and beetroot and my hazel nut tree has already budded. :shok:

I expect weather warnings to appear for our region from the met office very soon.

warning just arr via met of ice plenty of rain gusts of winds approx 75 mph interesting day
  • Like 1

Posted

warning just arr via met of ice plenty of rain gusts of winds approx 75 mph interesting day

That was quick :laugh: A' transient spell of snow' is possible over our region on Tuesday, according to the Weatheroutlook.com :cold::shok:

Edited by lassie23