Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Where are My Storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

East of the Pennines suck today! Only a max of 26c! And not a sniff at a storm. Stupid west people with there west storms. West off!

Ain't that the truth. Our time will come eventually though. I'm looking at tomorrow evening.

Posted

Ok so there are storms 20 miles in every direction, and still had absolutely nothing. Not seen a single flash or felt a drop of rain. Today has been the most tedious day since the winter of 2009-10!

Posted

East of the Pennines suck today! Only a max of 26c! And not a sniff at a storm. Stupid west people with there west storms. West off!

we just stole them back to redress the balance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Ok so there are storms 20 miles in every direction, and still had absolutely nothing. Not seen a single flash or felt a drop of rain. Today has been the most tedious day since the winter of 2009-10!

Not allowed to whine about the weather Summer Of 95...Especially in a whining thread. Btw. I share your pain.

Posted

we just stole them back to redress the balance

Sweet FA here this year Ian - nothing since last August  - so no balance currently - very much tipped in your favour!

Posted

Not allowed to whine about the weather Summer Of 95...Especially in a whining thread. Btw. I share your pain.

Funny how people object to moaning about boring weather, don't they think some of us are sick of seeing their constant reports of lightning, supercells, hail, 35C temps all the time? 10 years since I saw a really good thunderstorm here. 10 long years, and some people have had 2 or 3 today alone.

Posted

For anyone in Leeds, WRF-NMM looks good for tomorrow with a convergence zone above our heads and a very heavy area of precipitation moving up from the SW. One to keep an eye on anyway! Either that or I kill myself (nah, just kidding.. I think).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Funny how people object to moaning about boring weather, don't they think some of us are sick of seeing their constant reports of lightning, supercells, hail, 35C temps all the time? 10 years since I saw a really good thunderstorm here. 10 long years, and some people have had 2 or 3 today alone.

Funny how the same people constantly moan all year round in every thread on the forum...that in itself is boring..its fine to moan in threads dedicted to moans and groans but it not a pleasure having to wade threw the same moans posted all over the place..yes we get the picture already moan over !
  • Like 2

Posted

Funny how the same people constantly moan all year round in every thread on the forum...that in itself is boring..its fine to moan in threads dedicted to moans and groans but it not a pleasure having to wade threw the same moans posted all over the place..yes we get the picture already moan over !

Perhaps the same people moan all the time because the same people miss the exciting weather all the time?

Anyway, 1st July 2015 is finally over, hope it never repeats, New day, New weather opportunities, here's to a 30C and a storm at some point!

Posted

Probably 90% of the UK missed a storm today? Moan ok, but in several discussions? Too cloudy not hot enough. It is bordering obsessional lol. Nothing personal.

Isn't everyone on here obsessional? Yeah I take your point, I shouldn't go on so much but it does get soo frustrating when it happens to you time and again.

Posted

I'm only miffed because we came very close but missed by a whisker. It's so annoying when you can literally see it in front of you but it isn't close enough - like dangling a carrot in front of a donkey. If that supercell developed just a bit further east we'd have received a direct hit - but it's just a case of 'what if', I suppose. Ultimately it isn't important as it's only the weather - and the weather is just a hobby - but sometimes it feels pointless having a hobby when you can't even enjoy it.

Nearing on 1 year since the last storm - I think I have every right to complain about that. This year was the first year I even heard thunder and I fear it won't be repeated again for a while!

Just wish we could get one storm here, I'd take anything right now, even a cloud fart, lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Like I have said, I wasn't in the forecast, but it's still disappointing. Would love to be able to see a supercell.

Many share your frustration Monsieur cheese, nice to keep it one tidy thread yes? I remember when they were two a penny.

yep, i think you will find the mod thread is this way --->

Edited by Dami

Why is it that storms will track northwards all the way up from the eastern Channel across the entire length of the North Sea and beyond but as soon as any form in the west over W France they often peter out and turn into mush? Today is one example LOL.

• Like 2

Posted

Why is it that storms will track northwards all the way up from the eastern Channel across the entire length of the North Sea and beyond but as soon as any form in the west over W France they often peter out and turn into mush? Today is one example LOL.

I remember one time a few years ago when storms were dying as they crossed the Channel to England but this big massive clump of storms was rumbling away in the Norwegian Sea like a boss, LOL. Can't win.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Getting annoying now to be honest,  how hard is it to get a thunderstorm? I dont even want supercells I just want a decent storm!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I wouldn't mind a few bangs let alone a full blown storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

This Morning the beeb forecast thunderstorms over us by now so where is it?  :(

Posted

I want to go back to the USA, Not seen a Supercell for 11 days now - Its not on!

• Like 1