Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tour 1, the lead up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Torrential Rain

I know it's very early days, but here is the first GFS forecast chart for the day tour 1 gets underway. RESULT!! Don't change!! ;-)

Forecast maps 05.05.2016.png

Posted

GFS On the 18z and 00z showing the troughing pattern continues even for our arrival and with the 5th-9th looking active could be a very lively start to May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I cannot express my level of excitement in words. So close now!

Posted

A week today and I arrive. It's looking as if there is a general trend of low pressure out to the west and high to the east bringing up the moisture. While not perfect for a severe weather outbreak, it's not bad either. Bring it on! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Ok well I have started packing in earnest - cant say he is happy - hey ho and away we go

need to go through my check list to make I miss nothing out.- double check the main things are in the case . 

I am on call until 8am Tuesday morning and then have the oine day at work to do.  have to be away by 4pm cos a train to catch Manchester bound. 

So looking at the weather. I do not think that we will have hit the ground running and may have time to adjust before we set off this time.

A couple of days until Paul is sure about a target are.. 

Ok batteries to charge and memory stick to wipe clean.  Documentation to go through. Train times, flight times and terminals to check.

Tom

• Like 1

Posted

Just 3 night shifts between me and storms, not actually on Tour 1 but may well bump into you guys at some point. This time next week I will be on my first chase day all being well!

Posted
On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:19 PM, Nick L said:

Just 3 night shifts between me and storms, not actually on Tour 1 but may well bump into you guys at some point. This time next week I will be on my first chase day all being well!

Hope your chase goes well Nick, the forecast is looking promising! :-) Hopefully we can catch up for a beer.

Posted
7 hours ago, bristolstormchaser said:

Hope your chase goes well Nick, the forecast is looking promising! :-) Hopefully we can catch up for a beer.

Yes will most likely see you on changeover day if we don't cross paths while storm chasing. Paul and the team have now arrived stateside, safe travels for Thursday!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Ok flights went ok   met up with the team and we went out for some food to Aspen Creek , had some beers and went to bed.  

Thinks are looking good storm wise Friday through next Thursday.  I am sure Paul will update yall later.

sat on the lobby of the motel sipping a hot black coffee. 

Tom

• Like 3

Posted

A busy first few days before a well needed rest at the end of the week. We are bound to bump into you at some point I'm sure. Go and nail a nice Colorado tornado on Saturday.