Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Probably going to continue all morning too.

Its a way of life now........

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

They originally had rain for Cardiff this morning so they were wrong, cold air hanging on.

Looks like next weekend could have snow event...at the moment i dont see this snow going anywhere....

• Like 1

Posted

Had more snow over night but Just seen BBC forecast, possisibly snow for higher ground today rain on lower levels, but looks like a quick thaw coming in tommorow it was showing plus 8 temps. Risk of flooding then?

Posted

Still below zero outside but we are entering the breakdown stage to drizzle and melt which no one is looking forward to but it’s been epic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Light but persistent snow falling here, for about 45 minutes now.  Thought it would turn quickly to rain because air temperature is just above zero, but hopefully we are still in cold enough air to keep the snow falling for a while yet.  This is the third day of falling snow here and even though we have not been exactly buried it has been a memorable event for the low temperatures alone.  Would have been good to have more snow but I could do without the extremely low temperatures which I'm afraid might have killed off the new hedge I planted in the spring last year :(.   Looks like a large area of precipitation heading for south west Wales now so you guys in Cardiff and Newport might get even more snow today.   Lucky beggars!! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temps a balmy 2.4C now and the thaw has slowly but surely set in! I expect the snow to be gone by tomorrow here. 

That was a pretty good cold spell and one i will certainly remember, especially after the last 7 years of not really having anything. However 2010 still beat this cold spell for my area! Its been fun and im looking forward to spring warmth and chasing thunderstorms now, until next winter beast from the east! :)

Posted

Not over yet...

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Light but persistent snow falling here, for about 45 minutes now.  Thought it would turn quickly to rain because air temperature is just above zero, but hopefully we are still in cold enough air to keep the snow falling for a while yet.  This is the third day of falling snow here and even though we have not been exactly buried it has been a memorable event for the low temperatures alone.  Would have been good to have more snow but I could do without the extremely low temperatures which I'm afraid might have killed off the new hedge I planted in the spring last year :(.   Looks like a large area of precipitation heading for south west Wales now so you guys in Cardiff and Newport might get even more snow today.   Lucky beggars!! :drinks:

We have been buried Brynmawr....help.....

• Like 1

Posted

Woken to another inch of snow covering this morning :) .... Yet can see its starting to thaw, dripping off my rain canopy over the back patio doors ! Sure my lad will be out sledging making the most of the last of it, whilst I must get out and clear the drive and pathways..to try and get back to some sort of normality ! Its been a great event and certainly one to remember...its been a pleasure following everyone's experience's on here :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
9 minutes ago, lindy2222 said:

We have been buried Brynmawr....help.....

I'm nearly four miles from the nearest shop and even the 4x4 wouldn't go up the hill in deep snow.  Even the gritting truck went off the road near Crymych so I think we got just about enough - about 3/4 cm altogether.  Looks almost as nice as 30cm without total disruption!  I would like to see the huge drifts that you got over in the east though - they must be spectacular!  

Posted
23 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

I'm nearly four miles from the nearest shop and even the 4x4 wouldn't go up the hill in deep snow.  Even the gritting truck went off the road near Crymych so I think we got just about enough - about 3/4 cm altogether.  Looks almost as nice as 30cm without total disruption!  I would like to see the huge drifts that you got over in the east though - they must be spectacular!  

My daughters go to school in Crymych, it isn't very often (as in never LOL) they can tell their friends from up your way we had more snow than them, we had 12cm level snow on Thursday evening.

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

They are shocking....when you see them at first......but would be nice to step on to solid ground and theres none......cant get out the door to get to the gate thats covered with snow.....

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, lindy2222 said:

They are shocking....when you see them at first......but would be nice to step on to solid ground and theres none......cant get out the door to get to the gate thats covered with snow.....

Fogs been coming down and everything from sky to ground is white.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Snowed last night again in the south near the airport. Also a drip, drip, drip but there’s still huge drifts and plenty of settled snow. I live between two villages and we are all totally cut off by massive drifts filling the lanes still. The airport remains closed and farmers yesterday were telling me some major routes were likely to remain impassable. It’s going to be remembered as a big event in the rural Vale of Glamorgan. Lots of services may well still be closed by Monday. 

Posted

The Bbc has now become the GFS of the weather world, they have become shocking and if some of us keen amateurs could see this then why not them yesterday.

Edited by snowy36

Posted

Radar says I had snow all the way overnight, albeit with freezing rain very close. Certainly no evidence of freezing rain on cars etc but from what I can tell we've lost snow cover and a thaw has set in! Still a complete covering though so can't complain at all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

It's been a rollercoaster winter but came good in the end or should I say beginnig (spring) lol. Bye bye snow hopefully c u next winter and don't leave it till the last thing please cos I enjoy a warm spring!!! 

Posted
9 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

It's been a rollercoaster winter but came good in the end or should I say beginnig (spring) lol. Bye bye snow hopefully c u next winter and don't leave it till the last thing please cos I enjoy a warm spring!!! 

The weather is odd because since the start of december i've been to crewe 6 times  to see my girl and so i've past this place  ( Church Stretton )  up and down 12 times and there's always been snow on the ground there, i think its been a very good winter and lets hope we get back in a cycle of these type of winters.

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Peter A said:

My daughters go to school in Crymych, it isn't very often (as in never LOL) they can tell their friends from up your way we had more snow than them, we had 12cm level snow on Thursday evening.

Yes- Tenby a sweet-spot for snow!

Not often you can say you went sledging on The Green, waded through snow drifts on Lower Frog Street and skied through the fields to New Hedges!

Now roll-on spring proper.

Posted

The llyn pensinsula have had about 6 inches of snow yesterday but no amber warning. Funnily enough I'm 20miles away and there's nothing 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Heavy snow! Thought it was supposed to rain.....

The cold is clinging on , its 1c up here in the valleys and dew points around -1. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Back to rain in Cardiff. Slow thaw beginning too although it’s going to take a while, particularly for the deep drifts. Temp up to almost 2c now.

• Like 2