Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
50 minutes ago, khodds said:

Did anyone else notice a weird coloured sky earlier? About an hour ago? It's been pouring all afternoon and the sky cane over all yellow earlier despite thick cloud and rain - it wasn't just me who noticed, my daughter came downstairs and commented on it too

Yes I thought that driving back from Bristol, as if it was trying to brighten up but perish the thought lol.

Thoroughly disgusting day. Pattern change needed asap!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, khodds said:

Did anyone else notice a weird coloured sky earlier? About an hour ago? It's been pouring all afternoon and the sky cane over all yellow earlier despite thick cloud and rain - it wasn't just me who noticed, my daughter came downstairs and commented on it too

That happened just as the sun was setting, the thickest cloud would have passed from the western sunset sky by that time because the heaviest rain had moved away , so the thinner cloud allowed some sunlight through hence the yellow glow.

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Temperature has shot up since the warm front went through. Approaching 10.6°C, 24mm of rain has now fallen.

That seems to be one heck of a lot of rain. I've got 14mm, a nearby measurement in Corfe Mullen has picked up 10mm, Bournemouth is at 16mm and Portland is at 20mm..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

12.8mm so far today and the temperatures rising fairly quickly. Currently 9.2°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

That seems to be one heck of a lot of rain. I've got 14mm, a nearby measurement in Corfe Mullen has picked up 10mm, Bournemouth is at 16mm and Portland is at 20mm..

It absolutely tipped down between 4 and 5. 9.6mm fell in an hour.

chart (3).png

22mm in the Netatmo gauge, but I know that has bird dirt in it. I've just popped out to check the manual gauge..

P1290067.JPG

Posted
20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It absolutely tipped down between 4 and 5. 9.6mm fell in an hour.

chart (3).png

22mm in the Netatmo gauge, but I know that has bird dirt in it. I've just popped out to check the manual gauge..

Yup same here, absolutely tipped it down. That will clearly put you right at the top of the UK rainfall today then and mms ahead of everybody else.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Seems to have stopped rising here. Been at 9.2°C for over an hour now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Oh it's quiet in here.

A very good morning on this damp and mild morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A pretty damp and boring day. No measurable rain yet.

Temp: 10.8°C - Hum: 98% - Dew: 10.5°C - Bar: 1010.36hPa - Wind: SSW @ 3mph.

Above average rainfall for the month, now. 100mm on the nose.

chart.png

Posted

Outbreaks of rain with drizzle and hill fog so quite a wet feeling day. 4.4mm so far.

7.0mm here yesterday with quite heavy rain from 2-3pm. More fell on Friday night though with 23.2mm (amazingly for both my manual matched my VP2 exactly! not even 0.1mm apart).

Before that, it looks like slightly under 60mm fell from the 23rd November to the 26th January.

After a nice Saturday, not so good for at least yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Posted

It's been a damp day so far and quite foggy. 10.0°C. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I wouldn't say no to this.. LaieA_055.gif

gustkph_097.jpg

Right I'm off outside wiv me 'ammer and nails to shore me fence panels up. Damn autumn storms in spring time wassat all 'bout aye guv?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
On 29/01/2017 at 17:07, khodds said:

just wanted to bring this post up......even though overhead it's now dark, too my west the sky is yellow now.....quite eerie looking.....total cloud cover and misty...All I can think is that it's diffuse luminance.....We've been under a stagnant air pattern for a long time (which is now being stirred up from a more mobile atlantic) so it could be cause by residual air pollution?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Such a non-day here. I swear it's been 9C all day, when I got up and when I go to bed!

Posted

Foggy here up until mid afternoon when the rain came in. Temperature was between 9.5°C and 10°C all afternoon and still 9.3°C now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I wouldn't say no to this.. LaieA_055.gif

gustkph_097.jpg

Same here, bring it on I say!! :spiteful:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
5 hours ago, ajpoolshark said:

just wanted to bring this post up......even though overhead it's now dark, too my west the sky is yellow now.....quite eerie looking.....total cloud cover and misty...All I can think is that it's diffuse luminance.....We've been under a stagnant air pattern for a long time (which is now being stirred up from a more mobile atlantic) so it could be cause by residual air pollution?

It was really odd when it happened yesterday.. I've never seen anything like it!