Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.
Just now, Chill Pill said:

I do feel very sad for you ?

I know people think I am a troll but I will try and put a photo on showing my depth levels. I am in a part of north Devon that has missed out, and it's the only part of the whole of the south west!

Posted
6 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Wonder if it was this snowless in 1962/62, 1978/79, 1987, 1991 etc

Last decent event was 2011 and 2010 we had close to a foot of snow then both times and icicles hanging off the roof which was a first, that's the last exciting weather and before that it would likely be going back to the 90's for anything decent.

but hey at least we've got a rainy spring with 5 days of sunshine and then a rainy summer with a week of sun in June 2 weeks in July and a week in August and the disappointment of watching storms flare up all around us but conveniently lose their energy as soon as they come within sneezing distance to look forward to before another bang average winter

Just now, Supreme Leader Snowkes said:

Last decent event was 2011 and 2010 we had close to a foot of snow then both times and icicles hanging off the roof which was a first, that's the last exciting weather and before that it would likely be going back to the 90's for anything decent.

but hey at least we've got a rainy spring with 5 days of sunshine and then a rainy summer with a week of sun in June 2 weeks in July and a week in August and the disappointment of watching storms flare up all around us but conveniently lose their energy as soon as they come within sneezing distance to look forward to before another bang average winter

Both where poor for snow here .

Posted
1 minute ago, Barmada_Casten said:

I know people think I am a troll but I will try and put a photo on showing my depth levels. I am in a part of north Devon that has missed out, and it's the only part of the whole of the south west!

You went to Devon for snow? I have a winter sun holiday in the lakes to sell you!

Posted

It’s -0.2c here, almost gone positive. Must be to do with the winds and drier air.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Spurry said:

We should start a group for depressed people who live in snowless areas

I got a better suggestion, get a new pastime or hobby. If the weather is so crap for your area, how did you become or maintain your interest in weather? 

Not directed at you, but generally, I read a lot of people complaining that they live in the worse area etc for weather. I'm thinking to myself, why keep coming back then? Why moan or get worked up over something you can't control?

As someone said, only a fool gets an ulcer over something they can't control.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Both where poor for snow here .

They were indeed compared to everyone else, even more frustrating than this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
10 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Plenty of people will be laughing at me in here I know I am not popular in the slightest. Today should have been a nailed on epic. All around me talks of 39 cm depths and I have a dusting. Struggling to come to terms with this.

I'm not laughing at you ,i'm with you 100%

Posted

Higher temps are more likely as a result of thicker cloud-layer moving in, still -4.4'c in Buxton but compared to last night's -7.4'c in clearer skies the  overhead cloud just adds that little bit extra moisture raising the DPs to slightly just below freezing. With evaporative cooling towards the center of the low where the highest PPN totals are brings those DPs back down again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Pretty extreme weather out there atm, blowing a gale sub zero temps and blowing snow - many roads closed even the M6 is bad in places not far from Carlisle. 

F0997C19-90DB-4B0B-B4E2-1D17E45870C4.jpeg

A1D7BAFD-A277-477F-8012-285BD1235F3F.jpeg

Edited by DisruptiveGust
  • Like 4

Posted
Just now, Snow free zone said:

You have to laugh ....  sky news image "almost nowhere is clear of a met office warning for snow" I beg to differ ?

Screenshot_20180301-214116.png

Those little western outcrops where weather seemingly stops existing :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

As if

5FFC19F6-262F-483C-B578-D4DEEAF7F66F.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

5F21FFCB-2F90-466A-8ADA-874667F39A0E.thumb.png.756957d524a29131349bf7fc28fb71f6.png

most snowless place in south west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Miamay said:

As if

5FFC19F6-262F-483C-B578-D4DEEAF7F66F.png

I was literally just reading that, joke of a paper at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
17 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

http://www.buxtonweather.co.uk/

Northern Rail has announced that all trains have been cancelled on the Buxton line tonight, because of the snow. There has been severe disruption and delays on the route for a number of hours, because of the weather and broken down trains.
All buses stopped running early in the day - have to count our blessings - think of anyone needing urgent medical attention - No Trains, No Buses, Every outgoing Road Closed, No Local Hospitals.

My stepson managed to get home on the last one that went from Buxton. took him nearly 4 hours

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

5F21FFCB-2F90-466A-8ADA-874667F39A0E.thumb.png.756957d524a29131349bf7fc28fb71f6.png

most snowless place in south west

Are you getting anything now ?