Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Lampostwatcher said:

north London 10-15 inches by next sunday

I assume you mean NE  London. That's a very optimistic expectation 

Posted
31 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Morning All

Not to much time to hand today - Going to the Souks market - about as interesting as watching paint dry - would rather gone to the atlas mountains-

Will you be trying to sell any fellow travellers. Let us know what the going rate is. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

For my West Kent location the upgrades are coming thick and fast today from the MetO - like the snow, one can only hope - they are now saying heavy snow from Monday evening, then pretty much continuous snow for the next couple of days. Dare I allow myself to get excited?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 minute ago, turkishfella said:

Morning folks, I don't want to be the over-worried novice here but all my forecasting apps started showing cold but dry and sunny for next week for Brighton. Do you guys aware of any risk precipitation wise?

I'd say Tues into Wednesday.. 

This is from the Icon model

Tuesday icon-10-132.png?22-00

Wednesday icon-10-156.png?22-00

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/icone_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=10&map=0&archive=0

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

my netweather snow forecast has been downgraded to one day. is that a possibility or are we stll ignoring this???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

I know these kind of charts are tosh this far out but 

I'M LOVIN' THIS.

snow_prob_138.jpg?2018022200

• Like 4

Posted

Have only had 30cms plus snow twice. Once in jan 1987, 30cms and Feb 1991, 34cms. I was in North East London burbs then. Now near Colchester so not sure if I am in a better position now or not. Deepest I've recorded here is 15cms in Feb 2012 and December 2010. If I manage over 15 this time I'll consider that a good effort.

Having said that I'll be lucky to get anything at all according to the latest met office forecast. Only showing cloud Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and only mentions scattered snow showers for Monday in the outlook. :wallbash:

Edited by snowblind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days

thanks for the answer @D.V.R but I am a bit disappointed tbh :( Everyone was saying that it's southeastern turn now but suddenly snow disappeared as usual. So we will just get flurries on Tuesday night into wednesday, so we won't even see when it's snowing because probably it will be middle of the night again :( Not fair, always nortern parts get snow we only get cold but dry or mild and wet :( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 hour ago, essex coast matt said:

John kettley just been on BBC Essex ramping it up

1 hour ago, Southender said:

What did he have to say?

That he is a weatherman and so is Michael Fish.

That's it now, stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Posted
23 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

Morning folks, I don't want to be the over-worried novice here but all my forecasting apps started showing cold but dry and sunny for next week for Brighton. Do you guys aware of any risk precipitation wise?

What was the reply please I can’t find it? I’m from Brighton too. Thanks 

sorry quoted your first post by mistake 

Edited by EJA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

My weekend away next Friday is going to be ruined isnt it ? do u think my bank travel insurance covers weather? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
16 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

my netweather snow forecast has been downgraded to one day. is that a possibility or are we stll ignoring this???

Still too far out for it to  be reliable. 

If I have learnt one thing in all my time on NW it is to follow the proverb - Get the cold in first. 

The cold is now nearly 100% nailed on. Once that is in all we need is PPN. We are looking at possible streamers and lake effect snow, that can come nearly out of nowhere. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, EJA said:

What was the reply please I can’t find it? I’m from Brighton too. Thanks 

sorry quoted your first post by mistake 

Hi @EJA answer was that we will see some snow Tuesday into Wednesday, that's it. I looked at charts and it seems like it will snow when we are sleeping and then same old sunny cold days probably :( I thought this time was our time for a decent snow :( I hope we will get some more snow or some siclon from somewhere addition to this cold air but I doubt so :(

Posted
17 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Have only had 30cms plus snow twice. Once in jan 1987, 30cms and Feb 1991, 34cms. I was in North East London burbs then. Now near Colchester so not sure if I am in a better position now or not. Deepest I've recorded here is 15cms in Feb 2012 and December 2010. If I manage over 15 this time I'll consider that a good effort.

Having said that I'll be lucky to get anything at all according to the latest met office forecast. Only showing cloud Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and only mentions scattered snow showers for Monday in the outlook. :wallbash:

Ignore all forecasts into next week until Sunday at the earliest... impossible to forecast next week yet

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
Just now, turkishfella said:

thanks for the answer @D.V.R but I am a bit disappointed tbh :( Everyone was saying that it's southeastern turn now but suddenly snow disappeared as usual. So we will just get flurries on Tuesday night into wednesday, so we won't even see when it's snowing because probably it will be middle of the night again :( Not fair, always nortern parts get snow we only get cold but dry or mild and wet :( 

I can't tell you for certain, but you shouldn't worry Tf.. From experience, the type of conditions showing on the models is very good for snow.. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

Hi @EJA answer was that we will see some snow Tuesday into Wednesday, that's it. I looked at charts and it seems like it will snow when we are sleeping and then same old sunny cold days probably :( I thought this time was our time for a decent snow :( I hope we will get some more snow or some siclon from somewhere addition to this cold air but I doubt so :(

Thanks for the reply. That’s rubbish. Looks like it will be the coldest in years but we miss the precipitation again ?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Way too early to calculate snowfall people..... It's going to turn cold once that happens anything from the sky will be snow fronts steamers troughs systems I think this will be very special indeed 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
22 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

We are still quite a few days out before we start worrying about the finer details.

Nothing has been downgraded and in terms of snow it can easily be upgraded once it starts, Once the North Sea starts to do its part anything can happen!....something models precipitation struggles with!

Where are you reading this " snow disappeared " from? If its any kind of app, uninstall it till 12hrs before!

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Ignore all forecasts into next week until Sunday at the earliest... impossible to forecast next week yet

I hear what you're saying it's just every time I read the met office outlook for my region it seems to be downgrading the snow risk.

Posted

yeah same, they first show snow for Monday then disappeared and now tuesday, I am worried that we won't see snow at all again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Since everyone is asking questions that are impossible to answer regarding snow fall, i might as well join in. Will a snowflake land on my garage roof next week in my north west london dump hole?:pardon:

Posted
10 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Can i ask a quick question. Will the ground be frozen over Sunday morning (Brentwood)? Trying to plan around the kids football being on or not due to hard frost!

Think temps should still be ok for Sunday, just below zero next few nights but still getting up to 3/5 during the day any frost shouldn't be penetrating too deep just yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Since everyone is asking questions that are impossible to answer regarding snow fall, i might as well join in. Will a snowflake land on my garage roof next week in my north west london dump hole?:pardon:

As you live in a similar location to me, I know from experience that we miss a lot of the shower activity. Always seems to be to the south or north