Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Disgustingly mild today, with a disgusting hint of spring in the disgusting air, all in all, i'm disgusted:nonono:my goat can stay locked up at home though:oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just had a nice walk down to Sainsbugs, at Lee Green, with Colette, out of the shade and in the sun, felt quite warm!! You can certainly tell, there's some strength in the sun, now.

After walking around, for a while, always like to sit down at the back of the check-outs and wait for Colette. Went to sit down today but couldn't, as some poor chap, was being tended to by Ambulance staff, he was having a suspected heart attack, that brought back bad memories!!

Poor cab driver, mentioned last weeks' weather. Oh dear, if they only knew, worst thing you can do, with me around!!:D In the short 10 minute journey, he learnt about S.S.Ws Thames Streamers' and if only Emma, had come a bit further east, we would have been buried!!:D

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Well I had been longing for proper winter weather and welcomed the snow and ice days with open arms but am beginning to regret it....three days without mains water (apparently due to sudden rise in temps from -10 to 8deg) no idea how much longer we will be without water either! Not a bottle of water to be found in a shop within 20 miles radius. Not good.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

i have been so busy today, decided to do a mini spring clean,  my husband is already complaining that duvet is to hot so ive been sorting that out. Gone though my boys clothes and we be giving two bags away to charity. went under their beds, surprised I'm here to write this. i did put crampons and rope on :clap:i have done so much washing ive gone through a bottle of softner. stripped six beds. I always like to have a good tidy around this time of the year it always puts me in a better mind for the summer (don't worry i will be washing the bedsheets again before summer PROMISE) I feel like I'm ready for those wonderful warm sping summer days, long evenings sitting on the balcony having some wine. i enjoy the fact we can walk more and take the kids out doing things more.  i love the greenery on the trees, My son hates spring and summer because he is allergic to trees(yes i know very unusual)  he is allergic to oak, silverbirch, willow and loads more, we have two massive oaks right outside our house :sorry: bless him he is allergic to every thing and really does struggle with summer, hes on constant medication and needs steroids and inhales all the time. i am fed up with grey sky. could do with our lovely southern summers now

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

i have been so busy today, decided to do a mini spring clean,  my husband is already complaining that duvet is to hot so ive been sorting that out. Gone though my boys clothes and we be giving two bags away to charity. went under their beds, surprised I'm here to write this. i did put crampons and rope on :clap:i have done so much washing ive gone through a bottle of softner. stripped six beds. I always like to have a good tidy around this time of the year it always puts me in a better mind for the summer (don't worry i will be washing the bedsheets again before summer PROMISE) I feel like I'm ready for those wonderful warm sping summer days, long evenings sitting on the balcony having some wine. i enjoy the fact we can walk more and take the kids out doing things more.  i love the greenery on the trees, My son hates spring and summer because he is allergic to trees(yes i know very unusual)  he is allergic to oak, silverbirch, willow and loads more, we have two massive oaks right outside our house :sorry: bless him he is allergic to every thing and really does struggle with summer, hes on constant medication and needs steroids and inhales all the time. i am fed up with grey sky. could do with our lovely southern summers now

what hotel do you work in:unsure2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
4 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

Be careful.He says its goat, but we still don't know the whereabouts of the threelegged cat.

Your getting me worried now, Lassie does have a lot of BBQ's....but surely not?:cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
4 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

I know March very well, i was there in christmas 2010 or 11 and it snowed

Did you get much snow up your way last week?

Posted
3 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Been for a run this morning after a couple of weeks off, feels very mild outside at 8C. Lots of low cloud about though, dreary and moist ??

Our typical winter is back. :nonono:

Posted
16 minutes ago, snowray said:

Your getting me worried now, Lassie does have a lot of BBQ's....but surely not?:cc_confused:

i'm a veggie, but i do eat meat:cc_confused:

Posted
13 minutes ago, snowray said:

Did you get much snow up your way last week?

yes, great yarmouth, lowestoft and beccles and halesworth, all in the triangle of doom, had loads, the roads and rail were cancelled, it was an interesting time.

Posted
36 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Well I had been longing for proper winter weather and welcomed the snow and ice days with open arms but am beginning to regret it....three days without mains water (apparently due to sudden rise in temps from -10 to 8deg) no idea how much longer we will be without water either! Not a bottle of water to be found in a shop within 20 miles radius. Not good.

I feel for you the cold spell secondary effects are still being seen. Some parts of London too are being affected following rise in temps pipes are under great stress, as there’s ‘backlog’ which has/had nowhere to go. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i'm a veggie, but i do eat meat:cc_confused:

Oooooo not cats though I hope Lass, I hear that they taste a bit like rabbit.:cc_confused:

Posted
12 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

yes, great yarmouth, lowestoft and beccles and halesworth, all in the triangle of doom, had loads, the roads and rail were cancelled, it was an interesting time.

I thought it was good up your way, the ESEly did its job as expected then.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Oooooo not cats though I hope Lass, I hear that they taste a bit like rabbit.:cc_confused:

i like rabbit:oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
21 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Our typical winter is back. :nonono:

Yes, don’t mind mild but don’t like all the cloud and grey skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i like rabbit:oops:

Aye, you've got more rabbit than Sainsbury's!:D

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye, you've got more rabbit than Sainsbury's!:D

this is the SE East Anglia general rabbit thread:unsure2:

Posted
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

this is the SE East Anglia general rabbit thread:unsure2:

No tales of a three-legged rabbit, then?:help:

Posted
16 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

i had pet rabbits when i was a kid and i came home from school and they were gone, turned out by parents gave them to friends who ate them two days later:angry:

Posted
17 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Maybe it was a rabbit all along, Lassie needs to go to Specsavers.:laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

i had pet rabbits when i was a kid and i came home from school and they were gone, turned out by parents gave them to friends who ate them two days later:angry:

They did that to my Pigeons when I was a kid.:sorry:

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

They did that to my Pigeons when I was a kid.:sorry:

my uncle grilled a wood pigeon last summer:nonono:

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

my uncle grilled a wood pigeon last summer:nonono:

With three legs?:shok: