Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

Is it me or do the Glastonbury fans arrive at Worthy Farm earlier and earlier every year? Some of them were down on Tuesday!  Must admit the thought of stopping in a tent for 6 nights doesn't appeal. For a start how do you find it after a day on the beer ! 

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the weather forecast - it looks very good other than some light rain at some stage on Sunday.

The last few Glastonbury's have been very good from recollection, last year and 2019 were mostly dry. 2018 didn't happen or was it 2017, 2018 would have been very hot indeed. There was a poorer run 2014-16. 2013 did it happen? Not a bad one. I think it skipped the notoriously wet 2012 just as well.  Terrible ones were 97, 98 and 05. 

Edited by damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Loved the Artics first 2 albums, but this miserable self indulgent shizzle they are serving up at Glastonbury, would send me to the bridge!

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Thanks 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Loved the Artics first 2 albums, but this miserable self indulgent shizzle they are serving up at Glastonbury, would send me to the bridge!

Its awful. Very poor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

So, Glasto, we had about 3drops of rain as the fronts passed through on Saturday, incredibly, the other side of Shepton Mallet had torrential rain. The temps dropped about 6 degrees c following the fronts as the wind freshened, clear skies for GnR.

Arctic Monkeys played a few good songs, but as we saw in Lisbon last year, have zero crowd interaction and seem to enjoy killing the mood with their latest indulgent slow rubbish. Foo Fighters were off the scale, Dave Grohl seems driven since the drummers demise. Royal Blood were impressive in music, but again, zero crowd interaction.

Manic St Preachers were awesome, GnRoses as a band very good, you just had to sing louder to cover up Axl Roses voice.

Cat Stevens was very mellow and good for a pensioner caught the Sunday afternoon mood really well, Blondie started awfully, got slightly better as time went on, luckily, the crowd knew all the words so she didnt have to do too much. Lil Nasx was very good for someone I had no knowledge of, excellent stage presence. 

...and then Elton,  couldnt stand up, but by goodness I am glad I wasnt that piano, hit after hit, again it didnt matter if he couldnt quite get the high notes, either the crowd or the Killers singer could. 

Unfortunately, afterwards, there could easily have been a major incident as 120k people tried to exit a sloping field at the same time, with zero stewards visible. There were prams, trolleys with young kids, disabled scooters etc, all mingled in a dangerous crush which was frightening for many. I have been to many concerts all over the world, including Monsters of rock where 2 people got crushed to death in the 1980's, and this was the worst crowd management experience of my life.

• Insightful 1