Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Americans.....

A patient who tested positive and was told to self isolate ignored the request and attended a business event the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) warned in a press release.

That’s appalling . I hope that person is named and shamed . What sort of person who knows they have the virus puts others at risk .  Even worse they attended something with lots of people . 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
32 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

2,706 people have now tested positive in Italy with 107 deaths.

Interestingly that makes the death rate higher than 1%.

People are beginning to panic by the sound of things. This is one thing we need to avoid.

The more recent cases are these people who have self isolated or have they come back from places like Italy and then gone on their own way?

I presume also that if they have flown back on their own accord they been sat in a plane with everyone else. Walked through/around the air port either driven home or used a cab.

Is it me or are there just some lose ends there?

Anyway at work they decided I've got the virus as some nice person has shared a cold with me.

• Like 1

Posted

Someone posted about people not washing hands in a pub. Years ago hardly anybody did and you were lucky to even find a bar of soap.

Nowadays I find not uncommon to have to wait to wash my hands. You still get people who walk out but a lot of people have changed their approach over the last ten years or so.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Americans.....

A patient who tested positive and was told to self isolate ignored the request and attended a business event the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) warned in a press release.

Won't be just Americans anybody remember the British nurse who came back with Ebola and ignored all signs?

Guest Delete Me
Just now, The PIT said:

Won't be just Americans anybody remember the British nurse who came back with Ebola and ignored all signs?

The legend that is two time Ebola patient Pauline Cafferkey?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
54 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

We doggy owners are overflowing with 'nappy sacks' for our little ones ablutions..... why not spend your 34p for 200 and begin carrying a couple of them with you along with your tissues? 

...But don't hang them on local trees and bushes like dog owners do.....

Edited by matty40s
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

A follower of mine, outrageous advice!

Yep, poor advice, but also poor knowledge from the paramedic too. She wen't to her GP to voice her health concerns? And she's a paramedic whos been attending covid cases? Sounds to me like two people who need an IQ test as well as a covid test!!

Posted
11 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

The legend that is two time Ebola patient Pauline Cafferkey?

Yup thats the one

I don't trust Wikipedia much heres the link

Posted
28 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Yes and worst of all is he works in a medical centre. Like a firefighter driving around Australia in the summer time flicking cigarettes out the window. 

If you think that is bad you want to look at the comments on Facebook. Joke joke yawn are some of the offerings.  Due to too many years of media headlines of impending extreme events that never happen?  Cry Wolf ?  
Get the priorities right. 

As far as people complaining about hand washing advice, people will pick holes in anything, no matter what.

What does gripe me, is peoples reliance SOOOOO much on being told what to do. The government have advised to wash your hands, but people need to be told exactly how to wash their hands? Is the population really that dim that they need to be told every little way to live their lives? Maybe they are, who knows.

I even heard someone on the radio complaining that the government isnt handing out hand sanitiser to everyone, and that they should be doing more. Really? If there was even the manufacturing amounts to do such a thing, people should mostly buy it, and not expect absolutely everything for free!

• Like 3

Posted
29 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

If someone dies and it is traceable back to that selfish individual then perhaps a manslaughter charge would be in order. That might stop that kind of reprehensible behaviour. I'm not a great fan of legislating for everything but that is ludicrous.

It's the US! Take it as given that anyone coming down with this being able to trace the infection route back to the individual will probably have a lawsuit submitted before you can sing "ring a ring of roses". Will give the ambulance chasers something else to do other than the usual slipping over in driveways stuff.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
4 minutes ago, emax said:

As far as people complaining about hand washing advice, people will pick holes in anything, no matter what.

What does gripe me, is peoples reliance SOOOOO much on being told what to do. The government have advised to wash your hands, but people need to be told exactly how to wash their hands? Is the population really that dim that they need to be told every little way to live their lives? Maybe they are, who knows.

I even heard someone on the radio complaining that the government isnt handing out hand sanitiser to everyone, and that they should be doing more. Really? If there was even the manufacturing amounts to do such a thing, people should mostly buy it, and not expect absolutely everything for free!

For once i agree with you.

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, emax said:

Yep, poor advice, but also poor knowledge from the paramedic too. She wen't to her GP to voice her health concerns? And she's a paramedic whos been attending covid cases? Sounds to me like two people who need an IQ test as well as a covid test!!

Could it be that the this is just another case of misreporting of what actually happened? Go to A&E (where the Coronavirus Pods are)?

We all know trying post on here that how ever carefully you try and say something some joker will pick holes it and or get the wrong end of the stick. 

Some seem so keen for others to get it wrong. 

Edited by Snipper

Posted
18 minutes ago, emax said:

No need to shout. Or do the ???? thing etc. Some try to give relevant info.

I ( old) was was referring back to basic infection control in operating theatres, which may, or may not be relevant now.

No-one is co-cerced or has to follow that advice if they think they know better.. It may be out of date advice or irrelevant in the current situation?

Edited by ciel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
27 minutes ago, emax said:

No, people are not dim but they have lost any sense of how to take initiative in their lives and they lack the kind of resilience that resourcefulness brings. How many people really grow their own produce i.e. can live off what they grow, know how to prepare a freshly caught rabbit, can identify edible wild plants? How many kids have really had a proper hike in the countryside, not a toddle around the local country park? This modern mentality breeds a kind of dependency and this is what you see - "learned helplessness".

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

No, people are not dim but they have lost any sense of how to take initiative in their lives and they lack the kind of resilience that resourcefulness brings. How many people really grow their own produce i.e. can live off what they grow, know how to prepare a freshly caught rabbit, can identify edible wild plants? How many kids have really had a proper hike in the countryside, not a toddle around the local country park? This modern mentality breeds a kind of dependency and this is what you see.

Most people would fail on the first bit. Catching the rabbit. As for cleaning hands it's that people are mostly lazy.

At work we have an additional problem where cleaning staff don't fill soap dispensers or replace hand towels. There's also some dirty buggers so I was always take my own disinfectant spray in now. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Most people would fail on the first bit. Catching the rabbit. As for cleaning hands it's that people are mostly lazy.

At work we have an additional problem where cleaning staff don't fill soap dispensers or replace hand towels. There's also some dirty buggers so I was always take my own disinfectant spray in now. 

Most people criticise "the boys". Take "willy" out, pee, put "willy" back and leave, touching the door handle on the way out. Women are not exempt from criticism. The number of women I have seen go into cubicles, some with kids, do their stuff and walk straight back out without even a glance at a sink is not insignificant. It's disgusting and it spreads whatever is out there...

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Catching the rabbit.

Sorry, forgot that bit and need to give credit to the catchers! Doglets have always done that bit for me but I'd know what to do if needs must - always humanely!

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

All sports events in Italy will be played behind closed doors until April 3rd. This includes football and the Six Nations matches.

Posted

So the US has 137 reported cases with 11 deaths, what's peoples thoughts, is this a sign that there's a 100s of unreported cases or is this an anomaly based on the care home being very unlucky?

• Like 1