Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wireless transmission not working.

Posted

Hi. I've had a "One Concept" Beaufort Weatherstation for 4 years. A month ago the console stopped receiving data from the outside equipment. I replaced the console batteries, which were getting old, and the rechargeable ones outside. After charging the replacements the data appeared on the console again, although only for a few hours. I have tried cleaning the contacts in the battery box outside and checking that all the leads are connected correctly. Again, after a short delay everything starts working again, only to stop within a few hours.

I've tried moving the console closer to the equipment outside, but this has made no difference.

I understand that I can get replacement parts (ie. transmitter) but don't want to keep buying new parts in the hope that they work. Has anyone had similar issues?

Posted

First question might be, how do the outside batteries charge? Maybe the charging circuitry has failed as the batteries aren't being recharged, hence they go flat quickly. Has to be said a "few hours" is a short time for rechargeable batteries to die, as most will at least last the night before the charging circuit kicks in charges the batteries again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow

it could be water or dirt in there creating a short circuit and draining the batteries. give it a good clean out and bring it inside to dry out for a few days if possible and see what happens then.

my other thought, is there anyway to power the outside unit with a power supply to see if it keeps working then. 

Posted
On 04/09/2020 at 15:33, Dorsetbred said:

First question might be, how do the outside batteries charge? Maybe the charging circuitry has failed as the batteries aren't being recharged, hence they go flat quickly. Has to be said a "few hours" is a short time for rechargeable batteries to die, as most will at least last the night before the charging circuit kicks in charges the batteries again...

I did read somewhere that on some stations the solar panel supplies the power most of the time, with the batteries just being used overnight. Will try non rechargeable batteries & see what happens.

Posted
12 hours ago, trebor said:

it could be water or dirt in there creating a short circuit and draining the batteries. give it a good clean out and bring it inside to dry out for a few days if possible and see what happens then.

my other thought, is there anyway to power the outside unit with a power supply to see if it keeps working then. 

No sign of any damp or dirt. Will try linking an external power supply. Thanks.