Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Snow no longer lingering here.  Damp, dank and 9 c.

Posted

The last of the snow has said hwyl fawr am y tro ❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes

Cloudy start to the day, going foggy, then drizzly but all cleared now with breaks in cloud cover and occasional sunshine even. Might even have a very decent day tomorrow, so garden is calling!

Hope you are all doing something nice for St Dwynwen's Day!❣️

• Like 1

Posted

rogue run easterly/reversal on the gfs 12z but out in la la land after 240 hrs - unless it firms up on subsequent runs, just unlikely to happen - but one to watch out for around 6th Feb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes

Promise of a lovely sunny winter's day today - go outdoors folks if you can, either just for enjoyment and rejuvenation or get cracking with outdoor jobs as yours truly will do. You know where to find me!😉

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Another pretty sharp frost here - -4C is 5C lower than the forecast yesterday, but skies cleared overnight and allowed the temps to fall again.  In many ways it’s good to see these frosty mornings at this time of year but I must say I’m now looking forward to warmer days again.  January seems to have flown by and it’ll be February in a few days.  Snowdrops and daffs already starting to show and we’ll soon have some colour around to cheer us up.  I’m hoping that the number of garden plants lost to the severe frosts will be less than feared as new growth appears as if by magic….

• Like 2

Posted
WWW.WALESONLINE.CO.UK

The forecaster has said that a sudden stratospheric warming is underway, but only a minor one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted

Somewhat surprised to find it's quite damp and drizzly now out there, avoiding detection by radar though. Admittedly, MO have mentioned in their latest forecast. Therefore, the score is Human 1 machine nil!😉

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
On 27/01/2023 at 15:11, andymusic said:

WWW.WALESONLINE.CO.UK

The forecaster has said that a sudden stratospheric warming is underway, but only a minor one

Interesting stuff considering my question last week ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Chilly day currently 6c.  Sky across the road cerulean blue.  Sky over Spring Hill sulky grey.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

We are currently enjoying a gorgeous Spring-like day here with almost cloudless skies and, earlier, +13C.   Likely to  cloud over later but a sign of things to come?

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Loadsa2000 said:

Could contain: Plot, Land, Outdoors, Nature, Sea, Water, Map, Rainforest, Atlas, CoastCould contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Sea, Outdoors, Nature, Water, Rainforest it could be back

GFS 00z overnight run and the beast is back - gonna be mighty cold - ECM agrees also that an easterly is firming up on the models - gfs 06z easterly also present in FI land - seems we have something to chase

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 3

Posted
54 minutes ago, andymusic said:

gfs 12z - once again major easterly and snow a plenty for Wales it seems

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature

Yes long shot  but  they  ,let's  hope that it a repeat of Febuary 8th1991 with 9inc  of snow! .We often get some form of easterly in February Still bitterly over Siberia.

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, File

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Now I love snow...however I'm doing an ultra marathon on Feb 19th (Brecon to Cardiff) and I could really do with this easterly if it hits to come in and leave by the 17th then come back on the 20th..I don't think that's too much to ask is it?🤷🤷🤣😋

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Now I love snow...however I'm doing an ultra marathon on Feb 19th (Brecon to Cardiff) and I could really do with this easterly if it hits to come in and leave by the 17th then come back on the 20th..I don't think that's too much to ask is it?🤷🤷🤣😋

Cross Country skies would be handy,ask Andy to borrow his Husky he can drag you lol .

• Like 1

Posted

Sun ish then cloudy day today.  The wind was cold though!  Winds picked up this evening.  

Chatting to an elderly female ex farmer and she lives in the boondock heights. Last thing we want is a beasterly, especially late feb early March.  We all shudder at the devastation to the farming communities when March 17 storm came and the resultant deaths of ewes and lambs.  I think people in Mad thread don’t realise, when they fantasies about snow and ice, the damage it does to livelihoods of farmers , whether sheep, beef or crop/fruit.  Sorry, but there it is.  

Edited by snefnug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 3

Posted

Yes can be awful for farmers cold can kill,not so much heat.By the way good few early lambs in the gower already.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

gfs 06z like a dog with a bone - just won't give up that freezing easterly - against most of the other models

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Meto slowly climbing onboard with the gfs scenario suggesting cold and snowy weather incoming from the East - but still not completely advocating this just yet - a few more model runs needed to confirm yet

Posted

getting boring now lol - gfs 18z sticking with the plan and an extremely freezing and snowy easterly - again!

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1