Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
14 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Not going to get my hopes up, been stung before with these charts. One things for sure it won't be anything like 2018.

Fair enough but this is stratospheric warming this will provide a lot of snow pity about the time of year,eg quick melt in the sun .enjoy next week ,you will!

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Not going to get my hopes up, been stung before with these charts. One things for sure it won't be anything like 2018.

I sincerely hope its nothing like 2018, what a cruel time that was for those of us west of Bridgend!! 

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Cymro said:

I sincerely hope its nothing like 2018, what a cruel time that was for those of us west of Bridgend!! 

Yes a red warning snow missed Swansea.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Indeed mate not buying all the hype this time ssw or not it’s just too late in the year this time. The Synoptics are nowhere near as good as they were in 2018 and northerlies are awful for snow for us inland as December just gone proved. 

• Like 2

Posted

You can see what a down dwelling from stratospheric warming can do for example 32 county's are cut off by snow in california. (Snow to this extent is rare in Calfornia).lets see if this heavy pp happens.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map

Edited by keithlucky
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, WelshSnow said:

How many of these snow charts actually verify?

I don't trust any of these charts to be honest. I've also noticed in the model discussion thread that if a model is showing what people don't want to see then instantly it's wrong. 😂

Edited by Jayfromcardiff
  • Like 1

Posted

Come Thusday another front pushes into Swales Thursday so plenty off snow potential this week.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I don't trust any of these charts to be honest. I've also noticed in the model discussion thread that if a model is showing what people don't want to see then instantly it's wrong. 😂

It’s all meltdowns and toys out of the pram it’s funny 😂 It’s only the weather at the end of the day, tbh if this ssw happened back in January I’d be getting excited like in 2018 but the best we can really hope for next week is a few snow showers, maybe a covering at night if we get lucky in any prolonged heavy showers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

OH THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL, BUT THE FIRE IS SO DELIGHTFUL, AND SINCE WE'VE NO PLACE TO GO!

LET IT SNOW - LET IT SNOW - LET IT SNOW

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, andymusic said:

OH THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL, BUT THE FIRE IS SO DELIGHTFUL, AND SINCE WE'VE NO PLACE TO GO!

LET IT SNOW - LET IT SNOW - LET IT SNOW

GFS 00z JACKPOT - STARTING TUESDAY NIGHT AND THROUGHOUT NEXT PRIMED FOR ATLANTIC FRONTS TO TRY AND BREAK IN AGAINST THE FREEZING TEMPS AND DUMPINGS OF SNOW OCCURS! - DETAIL STILL TO BE IRONED OUT BUT LOOKS ODDS ON FAV SOUTH WALES IS GONNA BE BURIED IN

WHITE GOLD

GFSOPEU00_234_25.png

GFSOPEU00_240_25.png

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Best top up on straw and a few extra hay bales for the gee gees this weekend just incase....hopefully warnings Sunday but who knows 🤷🤷

• Like 1

Posted

so i'm on the blower to the met office right now - they've put yellow warnings up but nothing else on there maps and what the warnings are about - dufusses lol - so i'm gonna help them lol

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Coilspring said:

I'll have a virtual fiver on Andys prediction. Wonder when we'll see a weather warning? 

Could contain: Photography, Face, Head, Person, Portrait, Adult, Male, Man, Finger, Hand

warnings have been issued but not implemented properly on their website - it's a complete c**k up and shambles

I'm on the phone to them right now to try and tell them lol

Edited by andymusic

Posted

well the met office already seem to be "snowed under" cause they are taking ages to answer my phone call lol

• Like 1

Posted

Well after all that it wasn't the met offices fault it was my stupid laptop lol - it was overloaded on the cache - so a guy on the switch took me through emptying the cache and as if by magic the warnings were there lol - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS! - My mistake - we can't all be perfect eh! LOL

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
8 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Well after all that it wasn't the met offices fault it was my stupid laptop lol - it was overloaded on the cache - so a guy on the switch took me through emptying the cache and as if by magic the warnings were there lol - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS! - My mistake - we can't all be perfect eh! LOL

Aren’t the warnings for Scotland and north East England? Or have they issued more?

• Insightful 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Talk about sitting on the fence they got a spike up there a##.Snow maybe rain maybe ?Still stalling front a strong possibility. 

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
4 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Aren’t the warnings for Scotland and north East England? Or have they issued more?

Colder air not reaching Wales until Monday  so to early for warnings Sunday midday likely .

• Thanks 1

Posted

The meto forecast for my area is dry for the next 5 days , BBC weather has rain , are we really going to get snow ? 

Posted
15 minutes ago, snefnug said:

so far only scotland and north east england - more will come online I'm sure

5 minutes ago, Wosser said:

The meto forecast for my area is dry for the next 5 days , BBC weather has rain , are we really going to get snow ? 

yep