Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
2 minutes ago, Wosser said:

The meto forecast for my area is dry for the next 5 days , BBC weather has rain , are we really going to get snow ? 

Straight northerly from Arctic Monday Tuesday Wednesday Hail/snow showers.Thursday frontal snow possible, we don't know how far north it gets possible blizzard if front stalls.

• Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Straight northerly from Arctic Monday Tuesday Wednesday Hail/snow showers.Thursday frontal snow possible, we don't know how far north it gets possible blizzard if front stalls.

LO VE A GOOD BLIZZARD ME - SO HOW'S EVERYTHING IN THE MADMOD THREAD - I KEEP POSTING OCCASSIONALLY WHEN I@VE GOT TIME AND THEY (PAUL) KEEPS BOOTING ME OUT OF THERE WITH A WARNING - NASTY MAN LOL

NOT SURE HE LIKES MY WELSH FLAG!!!!!!!!! LOL

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 4

Posted
15 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Cold air moves in unstable air,  troughs could form anywhere!

Could contain: Electronics

• Thanks 2

Posted

Brecon Beacons forecast METO

Mon 6 Mar

Sunrise: 06:49

Sunset: 18:02

Turning colder and a few wintry showers possible above 700m. Fresh northerly winds will enhance the windchill. Freezing level 800m falling to the surface later in the evening as cold air spreads south.

Tue 7 Mar

Sunrise: 06:47

Sunset: 18:03

Remaining very cold with fresh northerly winds and a few wintry showers possible, feeling very cold on the welsh mountains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

Forecast temps risen again. Can’t see us getting anything now. . 4-7c daytime temps mon-thur , perhaps sleet/hail at best during night time. 
as much as I love snow.. roll on spring ☀️

Edited by dyl232

Posted

This for Pontypridd/Wales on Meto

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Rather cloudy on Sunday with isolated showers, perhaps wintry over hills. Further showers on Monday and Tuesday and more readily falling as snow later. Feeling colder with strengthening winds.

Posted

GFS 00z today's run starts the snowy dumpings as early as Wednesday

GFSOPEU00_108_25.png

Snowy weather can do it's worst now I have got the shopping in to cover us for 2 - 3 weeks lol

GFSOPEU00_114_25.png

GFSOPEU00_120_25.png

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted

GFSOPEU00_126_25.png

GFSOPEU00_132_25.png

GFSOPEU00_138_25.png

GFSOPEU00_162_25.png

GFSOPEU00_168_25.png

just bought a couple of sledges for me and the mrs to enjoy the snow lol - couple of kids we are lol

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 3

Posted

Fascinating  Tuesday Wednesday Thursday  continual snow as front stalls and slides east across ,Wales will see Amber  weather warnings Sunday upgrades to res warnings For Tuesday Wednesday..

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Chart, Plot, Text, Outdoors, Nature

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Text

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Ignore stratospheric warming at your peril!High ground North central south Wales are the prime spot.Looks continual snow possible 24 hrs continual snow Wednesday Thursday. 

Edited by keithlucky
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

Think snow could pop up anywhere Tuesday to Friday. Here's the UKV this morning showing a spell of snow in S Wales Tuesday into Wednesday, could easily be further north or south. GFS looks great this morning though 😄 

ukvgif.thumb.gif.7da39462f88fa6bbc086986b65fed75f.gif

• Thanks 2

Posted

This is type of snow event you remember and talk about. Lucky or unlucky this didn't happen this didn't occur in January any sunny intervals will melt the snow quickly this week.

Posted

Till the meto put any warnings in place or show any snow in there forecast I’m keeping my excitement under control 🤔😊

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Got a feeling the snow will just miss south Wales 😂 and stay South of us later in the week.

Arctic Air stalled over UK first building block in place.Could contain: Electronics, Computer, Nature, Outdoors, Phone

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

UKMO brings about 9 hours of snow to parts of S Wales Tuesday into Wednesday.

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Plot, Sea, Water, Map, Shoreline, Coast, Atlas 

Then a snow to rain event on Thursday more widely across Wales.

Could contain: Plot, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Map, Atlas, Shoreline, Coast

• Like 1

Posted

Just shows they don't know how far north  the front gets previous outputs shows front stalling over swales.Correction south will happen it always does.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Could contain: Tree, Fir, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Landscape, Vegetation, Weather, Conifer, SnowCould contain: Fir, Plant, Tree, Nature, Outdoors, Car, Scenery, Winter, Person, Snow

Ive just come back from Rovaniemi, Lapland where there was a good 26inches on the ground. So ive had my snow fix, any snow next week will just be a bonus

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Could contain: Fir, Plant, Tree, Nature, Outdoors, Car, Scenery, Winter, Person, Snow

Ive just come back from Rovaniemi, Lapland where there was a good 26inches on the ground. So ive had my snow fix, any snow next week will just be a bonus

Love Rovenimi. What were the  temperatures out there like? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Lisa34 said:

Love Rovenimi. What were the  temperatures out there like? 

Its the second time ive been and i would highly recommend it to anyone. First 2 days we had lows of -15C with highs around -12C. Then it got to 0C and became very windy. Had a lovely chat with a local and a welshman around a firepit! He said windy conditions were very rare. We had some flurries and also sunshine.

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, keithlucky said:

Ignore stratospheric warming at your peril!High ground North central south Wales are the prime spot.Looks continual snow possible 24 hrs continual snow Wednesday Thursday. 

AMBER AMBER I WANT A RED WARNING LIKE LAST TIME LOL! - I'M PREPPED WITH ME SNOW SHOVEL - TWO HUGE BAGS OF ROCK SALT TO CLEAR THE PATH TO THE HOUSE AND enough food to last for 2 - 3 weeks if necessary lol!

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, andymusic said:

AMBER AMBER I WANT A RED WARNING LIKE LAST TIME LOL! - I'M PREPPED WITH ME SNOW SHOVEL - TWO HUGE BAGS OF ROCK SALT TO CLEAR THE PATH TO THE HOUSE AND enough food to last for 2 - 3 weeks if necessary lol!

Hope you kept the receipts, looks like staying dry now. 😂

• Like 3

Posted
31 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Hope you kept the receipts, looks like staying dry now. 😂

I’m not so sure, both bbc and metcheck showing snow throughout the week for here.  Obv all will change.  I’m not expecting snowmageddon but we should see something.

• Like 2

Posted

Met Office Outlook for Monday to Wednesday This week

It will turn much colder with widespread overnight frost and snow showers, heaviest in the north and east. Risk of persistent rain or snow in the far south by Wednesday.

Thursday 9th March - Saturday 18th March

Confidence remains low throughout this period. On Thursday, a band of cloud and rain is expected to make some progress northeastwards from the southwest, potentially bringing some disruptive snowfall to parts of central and southern England and Wales. In the north, drier conditions are more likely, although some coastal snow showers remain possible. Into the weekend, the most likely scenario is for most areas to remain colder than average, with occasional wintry showers possible in the north, and more persistent rain or snow further south. Later, a transition to milder conditions is expected, bringing some spells of rain and strong winds, although periods of snow remain possible, particularly in the far north. Temperatures generally below average, but may gradually turn milder into the end of the period.

Updated: 14:00 (UTC) on Sat 4 Mar 2023

Posted

Another grey cold day ahead. Hopefully this arctic blast gives us some clearer sunnier weather

• Thanks 1