Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
10 minutes ago, WelfordRd said:

For anyone saying "some people are calling this off too early again" its either snowing where you are right now or you are not watching the radars i am afraid.

It was people saying it wouldn’t snow because it was too warm last night, long before colder air was predicted to move in.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted

Temp finally taking a dive. Cant see it amounting to much even if it snows though 

Screenshot_20210114_130948.jpg

Posted

Yeah, we can forget about it here now in the West Midlands, the outlook isn't too inspiring either.

But I am rooting for those further east. We had our fun just after Christmas so it would be nice to see you have some too.

That snowfall from the 28th December onwards is proving to be more and more lucky as it goes further into history...because despite the potential shown, it really has just been very slowly downhill since.

This is a winter that seems to be slowly deteriorating rather than a disaster from start to finish. So that's an improvement on previous years...I guess?!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
2 minutes ago, Gord said:

Yeah, we can forget about it here now in the West Midlands, the outlook isn't too inspiring either.

But I am rooting for those further east. We had our fun just after Christmas so it would be nice to see you have some too.

That snowfall from the 28th December onwards is proving to be more and more lucky as it goes further into history...because despite the potential shown, it really has just been very slowly downhill since.

This is a winter that seems to be slowly deteriorating rather than a disaster from start to finish. So that's an improvement on previous years...I guess?!

Some of us in the West Midlands have still yet to see proper snow! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

We had a sudden drop from 8.3C to around 5C within an hour at about 6am and we are now currently sitting at around 3C here in south Birmingham with a steady drop. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Gord said:

Bring on summer at least they seem to be half decent recently

Posted
3 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Some of us in the West Midlands have still yet to see proper snow! 

Yeah, I know. I work on the railways and was shocked on the 28th December how there was no snow at all on the line out to the airport. Made me feel quite sad really that more of us didn't get in on it.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Another pathetic spectacle here. 

It was too mild for too long it was always going to be nothing notable.

I praise the people here who keep positive and said wait until later earlier.

But this morning you could tell it was not going to be our day.

Hopefully more chances this winter all round it has promised alot and delivered very little overall so far.

Now I have to put up with winterfest pictures from family in Sheffield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Credit to gfs for calling it mainly a north and east event. Anyone in the West Mids give up the front isnt going to make it here its badly fading now and patchy in nature. Met office warnings also bang on.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

Credit to gfs for calling it mainly a north and east event. Anyone in the West Mids give up the front isnt going to make it here its badly fading now and patchy in nature. Met office warnings also bang on.

Not sure about that. Covers area to far west imo unless things change over next few hours. 

Screenshot_20210114_132750_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, MKN said:

Not sure about that. Covers area to far west imo unless things change over next few hours. 

Not to bad give or take 20 miles lol. It was close but no cigar. Currently skirting Stoke and Leicester.

890698330_SmartSelect_20210114-133156_WeatherRadar.thumb.gif.824d4db78c8e9d79bd12bb5348782880.gif

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Not to bad give or take 20 miles lol. It was close but no cigar. Currently skirting Stoke and Leicester.

890698330_SmartSelect_20210114-133156_WeatherRadar.thumb.gif.824d4db78c8e9d79bd12bb5348782880.gif

It is snowing here in South East Stoke. Very wet and far too light to settle but I was doubtful I’d see anything and there were many winters living in London where I’d have killed to see a single snowflake so I’m still enjoying it ❄️

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Still horrible cold drizzle here in west Leicester

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

It is snowing here in South East Stoke. Very wet and far too light to settle but I was doubtful I’d see anything and there were many winters living in London where I’d have killed to see a single snowflake so I’m still enjoying it ❄️

Yh if that front pushes just a tad more South you would be in business. Currently your the boundary area.

Posted

One small to thing to watch out for is because the front has pushed so far east, it's starting to open up the Cheshire Gap in the flow behind it.

Not likely to produce anything here...but worth a little straw clutching anyway.

Edited by Gord

Posted
Just now, Gord said:

One small to thing to watch out for is because the front has pushed so far east, it's starting to open up the Cheshire Gap in the flow behind it.

Not likely to prduce anything here...but worth a little straw clutching anyway.

lol i was watching that   a few beefy showers coming through      how sad are we

• Like 2

Posted

What is going on the front looks like its pushed way east!!i think thats it for much of the midlands!!!unless that wrap around from the north comes south its done!lets see!!massive model failure if this is the case from arpege harmonie and many others!!!by the way its snowing here!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
26 minutes ago, MKN said:

This is the dream it really needs to start pushing back west if we stand any chance