Posted

Superb photo of above and below; no idea where it was taken

iceberg above and below.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

By Ralph A. Clevenger.

RALPHCLEVENGER.COM

Ralph Clevenger specializes in location photography and video projects of eco-travel, natural landscapes, wildlife, undersea life and environmental portraits.

"This image was produced in 1999 by Ralph A. Clevenger, a professional nature and underwater photographer who is also a member of the faculty of the Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California. As Mr. Clevenger explained, this image is not a single photograph but a composite of four different photographs (not all taken in the same place):

The iceberg image is a digital composite that I designed to illustrate the concept of "what you see is not necessarily what you get". As an underwater photographer I knew that my "vision" of what a big iceberg looks like was impossible to get in reality so I had to create it. The image exists in nature but due to water visibility is not possible to capture on film.

There are 4 separate images involved; the sky, the background, the top iceberg (shot in Antarctica), and the underwater iceberg (shot above water in Alaska and flipped in the final composite)."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Flipflop said:

By Ralph A. Clevenger.

RALPHCLEVENGER.COM

Ralph Clevenger specializes in location photography and video projects of eco-travel, natural landscapes, wildlife, undersea life and environmental portraits.

"This image was produced in 1999 by Ralph A. Clevenger, a professional nature and underwater photographer who is also a member of the faculty of the Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California. As Mr. Clevenger explained, this image is not a single photograph but a composite of four different photographs (not all taken in the same place):

The iceberg image is a digital composite that I designed to illustrate the concept of "what you see is not necessarily what you get". As an underwater photographer I knew that my "vision" of what a big iceberg looks like was impossible to get in reality so I had to create it. The image exists in nature but due to water visibility is not possible to capture on film.

There are 4 separate images involved; the sky, the background, the top iceberg (shot in Antarctica), and the underwater iceberg (shot above water in Alaska and flipped in the final composite)."

thanks for that info

• Like 1