Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

A cloudy and chilly day bit of a reverse on yesterday which gave welcome sunshine, this March has been awfully boring a complete lack of ‘warmth’ highest temp so far 13.7C this is poor. When Scotland is doing better something ain’t right! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
16 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

A cloudy and chilly day bit of a reverse on yesterday which gave welcome sunshine, this March has been awfully boring a complete lack of ‘warmth’ highest temp so far 13.7C this is poor. When Scotland is doing better something ain’t right! 

hi Dan, I saw on twitter you were ill, are you feeling better? 

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Dami said:

hi Dan, I saw on twitter you were ill, are you feeling better? 

I’m okay now just very fatigued thanks for asking, I got test result back today and it was negative. 

• Like 2

Posted
13 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I’m okay now just very fatigued thanks for asking, I got test result back today and it was negative. 

I am so glad! 

Posted

Well yesterday was a mostly cloudy day, chilly in the northerly wind, which has now subsided. Blue skies trying to break through here this morning, be nice to have some sunshine today, fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Well what a nice change to have a bright and sunny Monday morning. Really makes me feel that spring is here and cant wait to get out in it..☀️

• Like 2

Posted

Blimey its dead in here, everyone must be out in the lovely sunny weather? Been great here today, sunshine from the word go, long may it last.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Cloud cleared at 10am and was blue skies all day. Reached 13c which was very nice in the sun and out of the breeze.

Posted
2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Blimey its dead in here, everyone must be out in the lovely sunny weather? Been great here today, sunshine from the word go, long may it last.

Yep been out. Agree lovely day. Only downside was I had the task of interring my mother’s ashes in her parents grave. She had a non attendance cremation back last April. Since then she had been sitting on a shelf at the undertakers.

Because of Covid not really feasible to get the rest of the family there for the internment. So did it on my own. 

Lovely little grave yard.  Very tranquil with birds tweeting and a good show of daffodils. My ancestors have been planted around the graveyard for hundreds of years. If you have to end up somewhere like that it is lovely. 

• Like 1

Posted

yes agree has been quiet regarding postings, pleasant day here in suffolk but not overly warm due to chilly breeze, red letter day as a 53yr anniversary which coincides with a year of lockdown, seems fitting for above poster to have done the honours for his mum today as it is a day of rememberance , cant believe a whole year of our lives being changed perhaps for good has gone by. many folk are arguing the rights and wrongs of what has happened and what they think should be allowed in the future we all need to remember we are the ones who have been lucky enough to still be here.

• Like 2

Posted

Sunny again first thing this morning, supposed to cloud over a bit but hopefully not, no frost this morning and the wind has subsided more since yesterday.

Posted

lovely sunny morning quite a breeze judging by way neighbours flag is blowing around, going to local small market gardener later so will find out what it feels like out then. hubby might even treat me to takeaway coffee if i'm  lucky, did have bottle of asti last night and steak plus bouquet so he really looked after me count myself as very lucky 

• Like 1

Posted

Sun disappeared after lunchtime, just managed to get the front lawn cut for the first time this year before the clouds rolled in, gone a bit chilly now and the winds are more brisk this afternoon.

Posted

Very strange looking sky today, if it had been mid summer i would of thought we could of been in for a storm, considering we had a spot of rain this morning. Quite humid and warm.

Posted

Another bright sunny morning, shame theres rain later this afternoon, although maybe we'll miss the showers, been so nice the last few days not having to worry about dodging rain for the dog walks, and most fields are nearly dried out after the last few months of drenching.

Posted

What are people's thoughts for early next week? Some forecasts seem to suggest we could hit 16-17c around these parts on Tuesday (not necessarily a fully-on sunny day mind) where as others (such as Netweather) have it similar to today, sort of 11-12c with the chance of rain. 

There seems to be more certainty about the drop in temperatures from Wednesday and into cooler Easter weekend than what could happen on Mon/Tues? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Well yesterday turned quite chilly when that cloud decided to move in within a few mins after I woke up and saw all blue skies, just tells you how quickly things can change. Anyway I went to Repton park on Tuesday and into Lodge woods which I found the grassland to Godinton House.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

as bernard mathews would say "bootiful morning here" another morning of lovely brightness and blue sky with a few clouds floating around, day like this not worried about not travelling abroad, have lovely county just hope we dont get too many tourists to spoil it.