Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
4 hours ago, shuggee said:

Last remaining pair of snow patches in southern Scotland? 

PXL_20220417_142143737.jpg

Northern slopes of Dollar Law this afternoon in the distance through the warmth and haze. 

Ended up with 19.4°C in the garden - and happy with that in the end looking at other local amateur sites and having checked the sensor positioning. So a wait now until once again we approach 20°C, mind you that was 30 May last year! 

Still patches on Corserine in Galloway apparently. Probably not many more South of the Highlands though apart from a couple in the Ochils that will be gone very soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Sunshine and showers this morning with broken overcast and a constant breeze that's swung round overnight from southeast to southwest. My watch says it's 9C.

My watch also tells my blood pressure, blood oxygen saturation, pulse rate, body composition and can record an ECG. I assume it tells the time too but I haven't found that menu yet. I use my phone to tell the time. Ah, such is progress.

• Like 8

Posted

Decent enough start with some sunshine.

dd.thumb.jpg.ee67d79879d7fd865aa7e5488b9abd98.jpg

Then contrary to the forecast, heavy showers since 10am that have put the kibosh to the plan to scarify the lawn.

Those not at all forecast, 6% chance of precipitation says the Met Office, humph...

12c and light winds.

• Like 6

Posted
16 hours ago, Norrance said:

Still patches on Corserine in Galloway apparently. Probably not many more South of the Highlands though apart from a couple in the Ochils that will be gone very soon.

A little visible on Queensberry from M74 and also on Moffat Hills, but visibility is immaculate on one of the nicest days for a while.  Dundee is the South?  Bit like the Uni Challenge lad who kept announcing himself as from Montrose in NE Scotland!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Much garden activity over the weekend so the predictable Monday morning 5am sore back. laminate floor.  Today was nice and sunny apart from the laminate floor wind.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 hours ago, dryfie said:

A little visible on Queensberry from M74 and also on Moffat Hills, but visibility is immaculate on one of the nicest days for a while.  Dundee is the South?  Bit like the Uni Challenge lad who kept announcing himself as from Montrose in NE Scotland!

Didn't say Dundee was in the South. Just have an interest in snow patches wherever they are in Scotland.

Here the cold fronts that passed through have brought some still quite warm and definitely sunnier weather. Max of 14.0C today felt very pleasant.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Quite fascinating seeing the switch to the easterly flow on the wrf nmm 2km  animrwe2.gif animmuj7.gif

• Like 4

Posted

First  sown spring barley fields on their way.   20220418_194050.thumb.jpg.db16102e8e4e730b1e10ff3f97344dba.jpg Just to roll if weather stays dry as weather broke two and a half weeks ago as we finished sowing.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Best morning so far here, bright blue sky and sunny. Last few days have been a bit of a disappointment with more cloud than sun. I really really need a weather station!! I dont even know the temp. Apple blossom starting to come in now and all the wee rockery things are out. Better than that cold late Spring last year. Or was it the year before?

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 5

Posted

A utterly perfect summers day.

Very light winds, just a few clouds and copious amounts of sunshine.

Just the right temperature of 16c, so not too hot or cold.

Now got two house martins flying round.  Thought I heard some flying about on Saturday but today visually confirmed, always good to see them back.  Now to listen for the screech of swifts.

• Like 6

Posted

I've had a couple of clouds delivered just to break up an otherwise clear blue sky and I'm enjoying them from my seat at the back door where the breeze from yesterday has mostly gone and the temperature is around 13C.

There's a book of birds on my knee from which I'm trying to decide whether the small, pointy winged speedbird I saw early this morning was a swift, a swallow or a house martin. Such a busy day.

609131550_20220419_1511152.thumb.jpg.6466cabecd35e626cf7aae797c383fa0.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Fine day again and ground steadily drying .Finished sowing spring barley yesterday  apart from a small wet spot. Cooler today with an East wind this afternoon  at currently 10c although sky has a summery look to it with a thundery looking shower to the south just where they develop at the height of summer. Wet spot dried  up a bit today so tried my hand at sowing by hand  to see if anything comes.

• Like 5

Posted

A nice afternoon in the sunshine with Spanish daughter, who was discussing fashion trends with Woolma, while I interacted with nature, wildlife, beer and stuff. Then I came inside and saw a lying toad on the news. It’s all go here.

Temperature got up to 15⁰C but felt warmer in my little suntrap, breeze remained light from the south-southwest, and an occasional cloud decorated the blue Spring sky. More of this would be nice.

20220419_160812_2.thumb.jpg.87ab0f573d5839f3d1812184c3aecbb0.jpg  20220419_172251_2.thumb.jpg.0076a9ce072edbe55eb981a7bb9876ae.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Fine evening for run to meet train at Aviemore.Was 10c at home and fell to 6c over moor road. Cairngorms 20220419_195355(1).thumb.jpg.25b52bdec647450892d62993e8916e44.jpgstiil have some very large patches of snow so it was  a wintry looking sunset there this evening. Ben Wyvis and mountains to west have even more snow left. Cooler nights on the way so it looks like it will last a bit longer.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 9

Posted

Might be the last, so recording it here with my 40th air frost at -0.2C last night. Genuinely surprised we've made it to 40.

Glorious morning - and even at 7.30am when it was 0.5C it felt fine in the sunshine in a t-shirt!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
16 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Fine evening for run to meet train at Aviemore.Was 10c at home and fell to 6c over moor road. Cairngorms 20220419_195355(1).thumb.jpg.25b52bdec647450892d62993e8916e44.jpgstiil have some very large patches of snow so it was  a wintry looking sunset there this evening. Ben Wyvis and mountains to west have even more snow left. Cooler nights on the way so it looks like it will last a bit longer.

I certainly hope to see at least a bit of snow tomorrow when I tackle a few of the munros in the Lawers range (including Ben Lawers) but we shall see as that sun is very strong.

A gorgeous day in the tropical south, an easterly is always wanted down here. Clear blue skies, wind is pretty minimal and temperatures of 17c so far. 

• Like 6

Posted

Early mist cleared quickly here to give a gorgeous sunny day. However after lunch a chilly Easterly breeze appeared off the cold North Sea making it seem much cooler. Temps peaked at 13.4C this morning. Now 10C with that nagging breeze off the sea and also SE towards NE Fife the dreaded haar can be seen with patches drifting up the Tay estuary. I wouldn't be surprised if @Hawesy is experiencing it already.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 5

Posted

Mix of sun and cloud like yesterday bit warmer today tho breezier than yesterday

• Like 1

Posted

Super day again after a 2c start with a ground frost and ice on some puddles near wood.Grass seed sown and rolled in in perfect conditions.  

Put cattle out full time as well . They are still getting daily neeps and silage .Not much grass in north facing fields but south facing ones are better.20220420_153659.thumb.jpg.63cb43c6ef9b4571abcd03593b941c81.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
3 hours ago, Norrance said:

Early mist cleared quickly here to give a gorgeous sunny day. However after lunch a chilly Easterly breeze appeared off the cold North Sea making it seem much cooler. Temps peaked at 13.4C this morning. Now 10C with that nagging breeze off the sea and also SE towards NE Fife the dreaded haar can be seen with patches drifting up the Tay estuary. I wouldn't be surprised if @Hawesy is experiencing it already.

Indeed. Haar all day in St Andrews but Pittenweem managed to stay in the sun in the morning until the haar rolled in this afternoon. Cold and grey, 7c 

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 2

Posted
54 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Indeed. Haar all day in St Andrews but Pittenweem managed to stay in the sun in the morning until the haar rolled in this afternoon. Cold and grey, 7c 

Yes it got here too eventually. Now cloudy, misty and damp with a fresh ESE breeze at 7.0C. 

Edited by Norrance
Updated
  • Like 2

Posted

Breezy but dry evening Cows and calves sitting in a group  on highest part of the field.  Currently 11c.

Sunsets beginning  to look like the land of the midnight sun when looking north.20220420_210204.thumb.jpg.e948c2961f51355cd7e25618f8149bb6.jpgr

• Like 4

Posted

Another delightful day here up in the hills on the farm with plentiful sunshine, warm temperature and a gentle breeze that swung about in direction between due east and south-southwest. A perfect day to erect the picnic table that I bought for younger daughter as a thank-you for looking after me over the last week. I didn’t do any of the work obviously, but I supervised in a highly professional supervisory capacity.

20220420_183711b.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Very very nice day, felt really warm. Went a wee run to Peebles and home via the Eildons. Did you know there's a huge magical cave under them, where King Arthur sleeps?

HILL.jpg

• Like 7