Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Wind turned a bit more North Easterly today so the haar stayed offshore though may have hit Angus, East Fife and East Lothian. Temp got up to 14.8C from a min of 4C and felt very pleasant despite the breeze. Pics show sunset here and cloud across towards Fife.

1EF79DAB-E57B-487B-AF28-B0E1D16BD5DC.jpeg

BF1E24AE-3E16-4793-82EF-C7A177A8EF4B.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Warmish by afternoon with plenty sunshine but a stiffish breeze that mostly kept me inside.

20220421_210723.thumb.jpg.38630efc27bfd76a285ec6be7537eb09.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Gonna be a dawn to dusker sun wise. Sure a little cloud built up at lunch time didn't block the sun. The breeze is making it just about perfect. Does look like possibly similair before maybe more cloud sunday?

• Like 4

Posted

Cool start to the day with sea fog at 6c.Sun broke through mid pm and its much warmer now at 13c. Fine dry spell for lambing and allowing ground to dry out to finish sowing in this area.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Not a cloud in the sky here and despite the fresh ENE breeze the temps got up to 16.6C and plenty people were sitting out catching the sun where sheltered from the wind.

• Like 3

Posted

Pretty much the same as yesterday but with a little more haze and a few fair weather clouds this afternoon. Top temp of 16.1C.

• Like 2

Posted

A little more cloud around lunchtime that was it. Anything that did form has melted. As you we're basically. Really has been a fine fine spell indeed (but usually the trend for this time of year)

• Like 3

Posted

It really has been a cracking spell of sunny weather.

General trend over the week has been for the haar/low cloud to become more stubborn in staying and today a fine example of that with it leaving around 10:30am and returning around 16:00.

Lovely and sunny otherwise and up to 15c today.

The warmer temperatures this week has allowed everything to rocket into growth, compare the photos here with the same view in postings a few weeks ago.

Even amorous hedgehogs in the garden last night which is earlier than usual.  Three at least, and going by the level of noise more in the gorse near us.  Glad there still around as badgers are everywhere nowadays, despite the best efforts of the drivers on the A944 in knocking over them regularly.

a.thumb.jpg.582446b05c4812650df9cf9f6d127b0f.jpgb.thumb.jpg.aebd3eb3cda7f02c72a0635d6b16c390.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

It’s been an ongoing battle with the haar. Yesterday started fine but it rolled in mid afternoon and temperature dropped to 9c. Just a few miles inland it was 14c with bright sunshine. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Tale of two halves of a week with Monday to Thursday being pretty sunny (making all the difference when outside, often down to 2 or 3 layers even in the breeze) but cloudy since. I think we hit something like 13C on Thursday, may have been a bit higher but I wasn't here in the afternoon, but not above 9C since. Really is poor now and not much improvement suggested in the forecasts for the east coast.

Damson blossom has been and nearly gone, and the two plums just coming into flower now - the Czar has more flower than for many years so I have hopes for a decent crop. The bees have kept busy the last couple of days despite low temps. In the heated porch, tomatoes especially are raring away - it's still neck and neck between the varieties with first trusses appearing on some. Overwintered peppers are starting to flower and this year's peppers are coming on nicely but will slow down a bit now without the direct sunlight.  Broad beans are planted out (fingers crossed the weather doesn't go completely tits up in the next few days).... Everything needs watering now as there's been very little rain for a couple of weeks.

Plant growth on the hills is still slow although I was seeing primroses and wood anemones on south-facing slopes above 350m the other day. Our native plants have evolved to be patient though, unlike their hot-headed cousins like tomatoes!

Tick alert - thousands of nymphs appeared a few days ago. Not so good.

• Like 6

Posted

More of an NNE breeze today and a bit cooler at 13.2C. The earlier cloud has broken so feels comfy enough in the sun. Looks a bit duller off to the East towards the sea.

• Like 2

Posted

Another in the chain of gloriously sunny days with a lightish breeze from the northeast and temperatures in the sun of 15C. I feel a barbecue coming on.

1383313442_20220424_1504282.thumb.jpg.b99350ecaa3110de037f6373b4e50127.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Broad beans are planted out (fingers crossed the weather doesn't go completely tits up in the next few days).... Everything needs watering now as there's been very little rain for a couple of weeks.

Yeah I was beginning to ponder if these persisting dry conditions were possibly going to become a concern so I thought I would have a check of my monthly stats and a bit of a surprise as I'm not much behind on the April average for here which is 48.04mm (from the Met Office stats site)  current total for this month is 43.20mm, still I'm not finding any chance for meaningful rain for at least the next 5 days so it still could become somewhat of an issue the lack of it animdnc1.gif

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A high of 11C didn't feel too bad as it was sunny, todays high of 6C under grey and cloudy conditions feels anything but pleasant. As others have said, looking dry and cool for the next week at least, which is less than ideal for the end of April.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Pretty horrible here - dull grey cool and bleugh.

• Like 4

Posted

First pure grey day for over a week, and not a welcome return from this household at least.  

Light winds and even some spots of light rain/drizzle at times.  A very cold feeling max of 8c.

• Like 2

Posted

Not quite as sunny as recently here. More cloud but still dry and looks that way for the foreseeable

• Like 3

Posted
23 minutes ago, Quinach said:

First pure grey day for over a week, and not a welcome return from this household at least.  

Light winds and even some spots of light rain/drizzle at times.  A very cold feeling max of 8c.

Just the same here. Choice between sowing garden or paperwork this afternoon paperwork won a bit warmer inside. Put garden in too soon last year and had to resow certain veg.

• Like 3

Posted

The temperature stayed at 15C in the sunshine but dropped a couple of degrees or so in the shade, which increased as the clouds build up through the afternoon. Much cloudier now. Barbecue was nice though and makes Spring this year seem very benevolent. So far...

76804070_20220424_1518222.thumb.jpg.6ded65c4a59f6e32a46b055d8eba55e5.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
5 hours ago, Norrance said:

More of an NNE breeze today and a bit cooler at 13.2C. The earlier cloud has broken so feels comfy enough in the sun. Looks a bit duller off to the East towards the sea.

Yeah, I escaped the cold gloom of the East Neuk and headed up to the Sidlaws with the dog. Not exactly toastie but felt nice in the sun. Back in Pittenweem it’s grey and 8c.

7A5E71CD-F18C-4F03-AB99-6B66864550D0.jpeg

0DA08AFC-5273-4A33-955F-527979BF942B.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Another cold, grey day with just a fleeting glimpse of the sun first thing.

Max of 9.5c in the morning, now 9c with light winds and sporadic light drizzle.  Not a nice gardening day.

• Like 2