Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Been spells of quite heavy rain most of the day but does look like the worst has cleared through now hopefully a drier end to the day. Could possibly be very wet tomorrow night

• Like 4

Posted

Cold, wet and miserable.  Temperature hovering round 10c; calm conditions.

Rest of the week looks much better though 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

The wind, which had been blowing a hoolie for most of last week, finally calmed down on Saturday, just to restart on Sunday as a stiff breeze that continues today. Cloud cover always present, sometimes with a chink of sunshine through it. Not today though. Temperature in the low teens today having been warmer yesterday. All in all falling somewhat short of a summer soon to come sort of feeling.

Today I've had a CT Scan and an x-ray. Something is afoot. Apart from a foot, obviously.

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The joys of living near the East coast when fronts bring winds in from the North Sea. Steady heavy rain and a strong cold gusty Easterly wind. 9C

1A9590BB-9B18-43A9-9DD0-57E1CEB0B4AB.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

Miserable day really. Hopefully tomorrow be better (that wouldn't take much)!

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Lashing it down now, heaviest rain I've seen for ooh, let's see, strokes chin etc. A while anyway.  Good time to have it, just as plant need is greatest. (I stand to be corrected on that in an agricultural context, but for the garden, a decent drop of water now will allow many veg plants to really lift off.)

Spot on this rain is worth tens of thousands of pounds to farmers in my area after a week of strong drying southerly winds.May even be millions by the harvest when overnight today  wheat futures for November went up by £17/tonne due to India banning wheat exports because of high temperatures and drought. Two years ago if wheat futures went  up by 17p overnight you thought you were doing well. The perfect economic storm is happening right now.

• Like 6

Posted

Sun's out that's already a massive improvement from yesterday! (Mist and fog around this morning) does look very wet later on

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 minute ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Potentially an active night with a probable squall line coming through, quite a well sheared environment animqcc4.gif animlfi1.gif threat of some strong straight line winds or potentially some QLCS type spinups along the line image.thumb.png.0b1224b1da39464393f6ade33dcdd47a.pngimage.thumb.png.dbc09ec40b387ae679b4e2bed28bfba6.pngimage.thumb.png.877e7f64d887f957b1aac3ec49a8fdbc.pngimage.thumb.png.8dc4d0aed36767055333a4c76537386d.png gfs_gusts_eur12.pnggfs_gusts_eur15.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

What a muggy day. But plant growth in the warmth, after yesterday's rain, crikey. All of a sudden, there are weeds everywhere!! Potatoes nosing up, rhubarb is pretending to be Gunnera, lilies and lupins are going for it. 

And more excitement tonight eh?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Yeah been keeping an eye on that with another chance tomorrow night. Quite an intense squall now forming over Ayrshire and moving north/east. Sky looking interesting to south of here. 

20220517_201827.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Yeah been keeping an eye on that with another chance tomorrow night. Quite an intense squall now forming over Ayrshire and moving north/east. Sky looking interesting to south of here. 

20220517_201827.jpg

Yeah I see that band of white on the radar looks VERY intense

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, NUT said:

Yeah I see that band of white on the radar looks VERY intense

It has arrived, a couple of minutes of torrential rain with a new river running down the street. Back to heavy rain now. Probably the most interesting weather for a few months...! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Crikey - that’s not a squall, that’s a monsoon!

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Ross B said:

It has arrived, a couple of minutes of torrential rain with a new river running down the street. Back to heavy rain now. Probably the most interesting weather for a few months...! 

Exactly the same conditions here. 

• Like 2

Posted

Just hit here now not quite a squall but briefly rather wet now see a clear sky trying to develop not seen that in a few days!

Edited by NUT
  • Like 3

Posted

Much better day.

Sunny morning but cloud building throughout the afternoon - now heavy rain for the last hour or so.

Max temperature of 18c and light southerly winds.

Garden looking a lot fresher thanks to yesterday's steady prolonged rain.

The heavy ongoing downpour is not going to do the Welsh Poppy display any favours, is (was?) a good show this year...

poppy.thumb.jpg.9610d1d84d267d0891ad0690f698ee63.jpg

poppy2.thumb.jpg.deddcfc3f3bf8f6ee4e54e3b92d07e01.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Hmm well that didn't quite live up to the billing... a few minutes of moderate rain. What is more noticeable is the temp - 15C at 11.30pm.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Was torrential rain here too nit only for a few mins. Weeds all over the place now. Sunny but very windy this morning.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Gorgeous blue skies, ‘only’ 17.5c but feels glorious in the strong sunshine. Slight breeze

My other outdoor thermometer which is exposed to the sun from 3pm is currently reading 24c so v pleasant in the sun.

Can’t help but feel sick to my stomach though ⚪️ WATP

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

There was a bit of rain at lunchtime, before that was overcast, afterwards was broken cloud and sunshine with rising temperature to high teens, breezy throughout.

Had my eleventy hundredth x-ray this evening. I now glow in the dark. Even the nurse said I'm looking brighter now.

• Like 9

Posted

Bright day with plenty of sunshine and some lovely displays of Cirrus...

ddf.thumb.jpg.59eee3329934adcbb15d13ca82b261ce.jpg

Max of 18c, very breezy until mid afternoon.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny spells today and feeling warm with a max of 18.5C. 
@Shuggie

Just read that there is one snow patch left in the Borders on Cramalt Craig. It is likely to last through this weekend and is currently the furthest South snow in the UK by 80 miles.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 2