Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
6 hours ago, Kayemill said:

Not sure of the terminology but last night Mars went behind the moon for a while. Think it's called Lunar occulation of Mars?

Thought I could see a planet close to the moon this morning. Was quite a sight.

Just very cold and crisp in Glasgow. Can’t see us joining the snow action but we can hope.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
49 minutes ago, Snowandrocks said:

A few reasonable snow showers still passing over but things seem to be clearing up. Just watched some Eurofighters circling noisily overhead. 

I was out walking the dog and I could hear them but just couldn't spot them. Sounded like they were more over your direction. Unusual to hear them around here despite the proximity to RAF Lossiemouth. 

Cleared another 5cm or thereabouts from the driveway after the dog walk that had fallen since 8am. Unlike this morning it was heavy stuff, nearly killed me. We must have had 15cm at least fall since last night, which is a fair haul for this early in winter, probably helped by being a little higher up. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
4 hours ago, coldest winter said:

Can anybody explain why the local met office forecast for the next 7 days constantly forecast wind direction between WSW and NW when we are supposedly getting winds from the North and trending towards the East? Could this be taking account local geography relating to our position by the Cromarty Firth?

I cannot see any reply but their thinking may be that as low pressure develops in the North Sea towards Norway that it will drag the wind on its West side more to the NW rather than N or NE. I would prefer more East personally and hope that this forecast here is correct rather than the dry Met O forecast for this area.

Could contain: Digital Clock, Clock, Screen, Electronics, Monitor, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Mobile Phone, Phone

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Incoming..... 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, White Board

Looks like I'll have to clear the driveway again in the morning. Already getting tired of that so please make it light, fluffy stuff. At least its Friday tomorrow and I don't have to go out Sat or Sun if it keeps it up. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

After a few days of worrying, the jobs and drive up to Stonehaven and Turriff were a pleasure.. a little dusting in Windygates this morning, nothing until past Stracathro, dark threatening skies north of there and a few snow flurries then blue skies and a nice sunset in Turriff. Chap in Turriff did say they had a lot of thunder and lightning in the morning. Much ado about nothing..

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
1 hour ago, Ross B said:

Totally agree more widely on that! (excluding the North East where some places have had decent snow) I'm seeing articles with "bone chilling - 3c" and similar, it's the middle of December, frosts overnight are totally normal! So far, there is nothing special about this cold snap, hopefully that will change over the coming days and hopefully weeks, but so far it's just a cold start to December. 

The hyperbole surrounding this spell of weather has been off the scale.

My concern is if we do get genuinely frigid temperatures that it gets attributed to climate change and described as unprecedented, when in reality it’s just a once or twice a decade event.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
40 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Incoming..... 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, White Board

Looks like I'll have to clear the driveway again in the morning. Already getting tired of that so please make it light, fluffy stuff. At least its Friday tomorrow and I don't have to go out Sat or Sun if it keeps it up. 

the heart bleeds for you needing to clear all that Snaw 🤨

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 minute ago, edo said:

the heart bleeds for you needing to clear all that Snaw 🤨

I was going to say that 😆

There's a bit of last night's half-thawed and now refrozen few mm skitters still lingering but that's it. About par these days.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
2 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

I was going to say that 😆

There's a bit of last night's half-thawed and now refrozen few mm skitters still lingering but that's it. About par these days.

this is your year HC.... the year the Snaw returns to our snow starved areas

I'm off too Budapest Tuesday...... I just know that those 3 days will be Narnia in Perth 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
12 minutes ago, edo said:

I'm off too Budapest Tuesday

I'd be Second guessing you being successful making that trip given these snow amounts for Tuesday 💥💥Screenshot-20221208-213350-Chrome.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Hunting for cams near Inverness as the next snow bands come through these look in a great spot 2nd cam got the widest view ☃️

FORTROSEGOLFCLUB.CO.UK

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cald

Stoney done ok this morning, about 3/4 cm's. Coming home from the pub just now was a bit dodgy as things are icing over, looking at that radar, its about an hour away, not convinced it will be snow at my level.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
4 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Hunting for cams near Inverness as the next snow bands come through these look in a great spot 2nd cam got the widest view ☃️

FORTROSEGOLFCLUB.CO.UK

That's about a mile from me, I didn't know that cam existed. It's in an even poorer location than me, ie down on the Ness with water not far away. I have 20m elevation, the clubhouse has maybe 3m.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Yay, proper flakey snow now, not really heavy but better than the marginal crap last night.

Just the same here describe as moderate and blowing about a bit at 0c

• Like 6