Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

FREEZING

Posted

Hello everyone.

Lovely to be here and to be able to chat with weather lovers across the UK,  I'm German and emigrated here a long time ago.

I have lived in this village 'Nethy Bridge' for 18 years now, we love it but it really is a hard life once you get a wee bit older coping with the cold.

December this year was punishing, were 12 -16C below at night and barely zero daytime this went on for about 12 days,  when you have an old Victorian house the constant cold can be a worry with pipes etc.

Here is my point,  since 2010 (for example) we have endured three of the worst winters on record, equal to that from 1947 and 1963. We had snow in November this year nothing new there, but we also get snow in April and sometimes May. Which means our winters can be a minimum of 6 months long,  every year !  I'm  the type of person that remembers the heavy winters from the past 18 years and don't think me crazy but in my opinion it is getting colder and not warmer as I dearly wish it would.  I appreciate this goes against the grain from those that make terrific salaries by 'scaring you to death' (incidentally that is a great book you should read it) but those in the 'scaring' industry really should move here for a winter then lets see how much they rant on about how we are all doomed.  Nethy Bridge is not super high elevation, there are many villages nearby  that are much higher, 200Mts and 300Mts that suffer worse than we do.  I find one huge high pressure can bring many problems, anyone else?

• Like 2