Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hi-Res Rainfall Total Maps

Posted

Hi - apologies if this has been asked before. I often like to use the Hi-Res Rainfall Total Maps, but would be interested if there was a way to zoom in on these (and compare with what my weather station says). Probably like the last 24 hours feature on the live radar. Would this ever be possible?

Posted

Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback / suggestion. It's a good idea, and something which should be possible (I think). I'll get it added as an idea for our development plan, and hopefully get it scheduled in at some point in the relatively near future. 

In the meantime, you can also use the virtual stations to go back through the rainfall data for particular postcodes over time, if that's helpful (right back to 2011).

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=virtual-stations;sess=

• Thanks 1

Posted

Hi. Just another suggestion with the radar and the overlays, but what would really be useful and help compliment the variety of overlays would be some sort of thin marker line outlining the temperature (or whatever variable) present.

A perfect example is the UKV 850mb temps, without any line marker it is hard to determine what is what, but with one it creates a far more defined plot which compliments the radar imagery etc.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Land, Person, Hurricane, Storm, Face, Head

Thanks, Matt.

Posted

Hi @MattH, we're actually doing a lot of work on the model overlays etc currently, so good timing. I think it shouldn't be too tricky at all to get contours added to those, so I'll add it to the list 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Posted
On 10/01/2023 at 16:22, Paul said:

Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback / suggestion. It's a good idea, and something which should be possible (I think). I'll get it added as an idea for our development plan, and hopefully get it scheduled in at some point in the relatively near future. 

In the meantime, you can also use the virtual stations to go back through the rainfall data for particular postcodes over time, if that's helpful (right back to 2011).

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=virtual-stations;sess=

Thanks Paul 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted
On 12/01/2023 at 14:58, MattH said:

Hi. Just another suggestion with the radar and the overlays, but what would really be useful and help compliment the variety of overlays would be some sort of thin marker line outlining the temperature (or whatever variable) present.

A perfect example is the UKV 850mb temps, without any line marker it is hard to determine what is what, but with one it creates a far more defined plot which compliments the radar imagery etc.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Land, Person, Hurricane, Storm, Face, Head

Thanks, Matt.

We've made a change to the 850hpa temps, 2m temps and dewpoints today, to include (fairly subtle) contour lines and labels. Hopefully that makes them a bit nicer to use. We'll do similar with the others on there, once we have some feedback and made any tweaks needed.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Land, Outdoors, Nature, Atlas, Diagram, Sea, Water

• Like 1

Posted

There were a couple of bugs in terms of the contours and labels not updating to new times etc on the initial update of this, but they've been resolved this morning. The overlays now also roll forward into future times when using the predictive radar also. 

@Mark Bayley - we've scheduled in an update to the totals maps, which'll take them onto zoomable maps etc. It's a fairly sizeable project to recreate all the maps from the raw data though, so won't be mega quick. Hopefully be somewhere around end of q1 or q2 this year, depending on how we go with the other projects and updates we have lined up in the meantime. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The contour numbers for the 850's overlay are almost microscopic on my screen. I have to put my face up to the monitor to see them.

I thought having a legend would have been better? Like the charts.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...