Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Radar Subscription

DanN

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

I have a couple of questions about the radar subscription that @Paul might be best to help with.

Are there any differences between the free version and the subscription, particulary with the zoom levels and how often your location can be updated? I noticed on Android and iOS that you cannot zoom in too far before the radar overlay is lost on the map, and also that my position can take a very long time to update  - I can force quite the app and that will obviously update my position instantly, but isn't ideal.

Just some questions I had today whilst trying to navigate around some storms rain 🙂

Posted

Hi @DanN, the subscription (v8) version of the radar is quite different to the free one.

I'm terms of your specific questions, it has a live tracking option to keep the map updated to your location on the fly - you can switch it on by clicking the icon I've marked here:

Screenshot_20230618-183939.png

It zooms a lot closer also, and has a smoothing option for the radar imagery:

Screenshot_20230618-184136.png

If you do subscribe, you can install it as an app by visiting the v8 page in safari (iOS) or chrome/edge/Firefox for Android and following the on screen prompts. 

Any other questions, please shout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Nice one, thanks @Paul. Installing as a PWA still gets access to the GPS on an Android tablet, for example?

Edited by DanN